#1 Free Market Tour - Yes It's Free So Book In Quick
For things to do in Richmond, you can't get more immersed in Vietnamese food culture than a Market food tour. The Vietnamese Market Tour is a true culinary escapade, both inside and outside of the Vietnamese culture. Beginning at the vibrant Market for an educational tour, learn how to pick the best seasonal products, get inspiration for composing your gourmet Vietnamese menu.
Here you gain an insight into the history of Richmond then journey along bustling Victoria Street and be introduced to the best Vietnamese bakeries, grocer’s shops, fishmongers, food and kitchen tool stores. You will discover fragrant fresh herbs, tropical fruits and seafoods. The 1 hour tour will be beneficial for your Asian Cooking Experience.
After the Market Tour, via a pleasurable walk you will return to Otao Kitchen. You will hear about Otao Kitchen Cooking School, enjoy a refresher drink and a bite to eat. Grab a seat now as the tour will fill up quickly!
WHEN 12pm Last Sunday of Every Month
Location to meet: Minh Phat Supermarket 2-8 Nicholson St Abbotsford VIC 3067
Location to finish: Otao Kitchen Cooking School 360 Victoria Street, Richmond
CONTACT 0408 217 899 - Please let us know ASAP if you cant make it as other might be in the waiting list
Click the links to visit
- Gain an understanding of Asian ingredients
- Insights to Victoria Street Restaurant Traders
- And Yes it's FREE for past customers and future customers with interest in our cooking classes.
- Meet at Minh Phat Supermarket where you will discover dry goods, sauces, spices and more
- Cross the road to see Chef Ha's favourite place for vegetables and his fresh herbs
- Get some insight about the community garden on Lennox Street
- Visit the kitchen shop where you will have 10% discount on kitchen tools
- A visit to OTAO Kitchen Cooking School for refreshment drink and a bite to eat
- Visit butcher and seafood merchants
- Camera to document your experience
- A sense of curiosity and a smile
- An appetite for delicious food!
Smart casual. Closed-toe footwear is essential (flat soles are recommended). Able to walk and stand for period of time.
Family and everyone 17+