In this workshop you’ll learn a range of basic candle making techniques with Waan Pivasiri of Melbourne label You, Me & Bones, best known for their quirky, cute and awesome-smelling candles!
Learn everything from what types of wax to use to how to make your own unique fragrances and colours. And the best part of all - you get to take home everything you make on the night! Whether you’re looking for a unique gift idea for friends and family, or just want to treat yourself, you'll walk away from this 2 hour workshop with loads of knowledge and a swag of delicious smelling candles.
ABOUT WAAN FROM YOU, ME & BONES
Candle Maker Waan Pivasiri started the hobby-turned-business You, Me & Bones in 2013. Working from home in a dedicated Candle Room with her two cats, her creations range from cute and creepy Doll Head, Skulls and Brain candles to unique ceramic wares candles. You can find You, Me & Bones at various stores across Melbourne, as well as online at youmeandbones.com.au
- Range of basic candle making techniques.
- Types of wax to use to how to make your own unique fragrances and colours.
- Learn to make unique gifts for friends and family (or a little something special for yourself)
- Epic candle making skills!
- All materials to be used in class.
- You’ll walk away with a stack of your own hand-poured candles including two container candles (one tin and one jar provided per student), one geometric candle and gem soy melts to take home.
- Candle making instructions to take home!
- There will be additional Candle Making Kits for purchase on the day, should you want to continue making more creations at home.
- Prepare to get your hands a little dirty!
- All materials will be provided, however if you have a particular vessel (such as a jar or teacup) that you would like to use for one of your candles bring it along (must be no wider than 6-8 cm in diameter and no more than 250ml capacity).
Make sure you wear clothes and footwear that you dont mind getting wax on!
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.