In a relaxed atmosphere, these four classes aim to systematically set out some of the basics of drawing for either the very beginner or lay-intermediate. Each week will progressively build upon the week before. Starting with some of the simplest geometric shapes, the course gradually introduces you to more complex forms and challenges within the process of learning to draw. This course will give anyone who has wanted to draw, a solid grounding in fundamentals. Anyone can learn to draw! Take that first step or give yourself some further direction.
Sundays at Work-Shop Makery 4 classes at only $30/ session.
- Gain a sound structural approach to drawing objects.
- Accurately conceive of objects in relation to linear perspective.
- Conceive of gradations of light and dark as contingent to an understanding and conceptualisation of structure and form.
- A solid grounding in the fundamentals of drawing.
- Some materials will be provided although we suggest you bring the following
- A3 sketch book - required
- Pencils 2H
- Stanley knife for sharpening
- LOCAL ART SUPPLY STOCKISTS:
- Parkers Art Supply at the National Art School Building 22, Corner of Forbes and Burton, (Enter off Forbes Street), Darlinghurst NSW. Ph: 02 9339 8706
- The Art Scene on campus at UNSW Art & Design (formerly UNSW COFA), Ph: 02 8815 1569. Cnr Oxford St. and Greens Rd Darlinghurst.
- Eckersley’s Art and Craft Store 221-223 Oxford Streets, Darlinghurst, Ph: 02 9360 4066.
- Bondi Road Art Supplies 179 Bondi Road Bondi. Ph: 9387 3746.
- Kneadable Eraser
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email email@example.com to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.