Ever wanted to learn how to make a bodysurfing handplane? Or know someone that would love the opportunity?
Then come join us at one of our WAW Handplanes workshops!
No experience necessary, all abilities welcome.
DURING THIS 1-DAY WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
- Be taught the design principles behind handplane shaping
- Design a handplane suited to your bodysurfing style
- Be guided through the use of the woodworking hand tools required to build a performance handplane
- Shape your custom designed handplane
- Attach your fully adjustable and recycled neoprene strap system
- Provided with unlimited tea and healthy cakes.
- Learn how to make your own unique handplane!
- Leave with your own unique handplane!
- Lunch: Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided. Your more than welcome to bring you own lunch, there is a fridge on site. Alternatively, there are cafes, pubs and fast food options nearby.
Wear something to get messy
Vendor sincce 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.