Our Timber & Resin Creations Workshop will be held within and as part of the Timber, Tools & Artisan Show – one of Australia’s longest running event series showcasing the best in woodworking, artisan and traditional crafts through live demonstrations, latest product releases, supply and equipment exhibitors and a free kid’s activity area..
When you book this Timber & Resin Creations Workshop, you will receive FREE 1 Day Entry to the Timber, Tools & Artisan Show – allowing you to explore the range of exhibitors, demonstrators and products before or after your workshop.
The creation of resin & timber together is all on trend and is a lovely mix of old and new feel. This class will provide you with the knowledge to create your own pieces combining resin & timber.
This class is suited for beginners to intermediates looking to pick up some more knowledge around the techniques used. We will take you through all of the steps required from the beginning to the end to create your very own timber and resin serving board. The class is a mix of discussion, practical demonstration and a much hands on experience as possible.
Art Tree Creations has over 18 years experience & industry training with fine finishes including epoxy resin, paint additives & mediums. Our talented instructor Scott will help you create your own piece & you will learn all aspects including;
- What is resin & safety required using it
- Discuss the resin we use along with exploring the mixing of pigments.
- Timber preparation required for achieving the best finish
- How to get the best results from your resin and trouble shooting
- Techniques in sanding & polishing for the best results
Join this fun filled 3hr workshop at the Timber Tools & Artisan Show, create your very own resin & timber serving board. This workshop will also give you the knowledge to go on & create your very own timber & resin creations.
You will create a timber and resin serving board that you can use at your next hosted event. The knowledge obtained can be applied to any timber and resin project, up to large creations like a river table. The classes come with ongoing support that is just a phone call or an email away.
You will gain the knowledge & know how to finishing off your pieces created in the class at home. (Your piece will be able to be collected just before close of the show each day, between 3 - 4pm) giving you time between finishing your class & pick up to enjoy also visit other exhibitors.
All of the materials are provided along with your entry ticket to the show for the day. It is recommended that you don't wear clothes that are your Sunday best, resin can get messy & won't wash out. Bring an apron if you can.
The workshop runs from 11am - 2pm & these workshops are a maximum of 9 participants. You will have a 30 minute break during the class to grab some lunch & snoop around the show before getting stuck back into your serving boards.
Unfortunately due to the show closing on Sunday at 4pm all works need to be collected prior to then so the venue can be left clear. We will be unable to take them with us home to Victoria.
Resin art is not suitable for children, attendees need to be 16years+ due to undeveloped lungs in children & the nature of toxins in resin. It is also not suitable for pregnant women, please contact us direct if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Parking at the event will cost you extra, unfortunately this is out of our control & managed by the Showgrounds, public transport is another option of getting to the venue.
(c) 2015 Art Tree Creations
- Knowledge of epoxy resin techniques when used with timber
- ongoing support and knowledge to assist your future resin projects.
- In depth knowledge and guidance from an experienced artist and instructor
- All materials provided along with refreshments.
- Create your very own resin and timber serving board using natural timber
- Choice of a wide range of pigments & colour additives
Parking & Transport:
Paid parking is available at the RNA and surrounding streets, however due to volume of people due to attend, we recommend the Train or Bus. Details can be found via the Translink Website.
*Sorry we could not include parking as part of the ticket price.
- Wear old clothes & bring an apron if possible.
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
This workshop is best suited to beginner and intermediate levels
Vendor since 2015
Art Tree Creations offer a large range of artist workshops including & specialising in resin art, acrylic & ink abstract effects.
We run our classes based in Melbourne from tour Bayswater location & are always popping up throughout the other states during the year.
Art Tree Creations have been instructing resin & art classes for over 6 years, we have experienced instructors with years of experience in using the specialised materials.
We offer continuous support with high quality products for years after you complete your workshop.
Art Tree Creations requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Art Tree Creations to organise a refund or transfer
• A confirmation email with all the details will be sent after payment is received, if you have any questions about the workshop please email us prior to booking your spot.
• Please note, if payment is received & the spots are unavailable in the workshop you choose you will automatically be placed in the next available workshop after confirmation of the date is approved by yourself.
• The $50 deposit is non-refundable on cancellations made within 7 days out from your booked workshop, however it is transferable to other workshop dates when a cancellation is made outside the 7 days prior to your booked workshop date.