Join Bats of Leisure for a two-part Embroidery Workshop Series, focussed on teaching you techniques and embroidery stitches ideal for plants and flowers!
You will learn basic embroidery stitches, as well as specialised techniques to create lovely botanical designs.
At the end of the two-part workshop you will have created your own embroidered art piece to take home.
Two part workshop
Bats of Leisure are a brother-sister duo who teach regular embroidery workshops for over six years.
Separately, they are both practising fine artists with a focus on textiles.
Aoife comes from a fashion background, and has a Bachelor and Associate Degree of Fashion Design and Technology from RMIT.
Aaron is an illustrator, printmaker, quilter and textile artist, focusing on figurative work.
- The best embroidery techniques to use for botanical work, including filling stitches, outline stitches, colour blending and more.
- How to adapt a drawing to be suitable for embroidery
- Special techniques to embroider plants and flowers, add depth with tone, and textures
- Your own embroidered, textile art piece you will learn to create in the workshops
- Wine, tea and coffee
free on street parking
- All materials you need are provided! Reference images, or drawings to adapt into textile work are encouraged.
Shoes necessary, in case of pin pricks
Beginners to advanced
Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Customer R - Bats of Leisure will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Bats of Leisure’s premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Bats of Leisure unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Bats of Leisure classes and events or on Bats of Leisure’s premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS - Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 24 hours prior to the workshop they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 24 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Bats of Leisure has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavor to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.