Aaron Billings would like to share his years of experience working in the Melbourne comics scene with you. Through a series of drawing games and story boarding exercises you will develop the skills to create your own 6 page comic.
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Thu, 29 Aug 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Thu, 5 Sept 2019 6:00PM - 8:00PM
What will you learn:
*Drawing games (to loosen you up)
-telephone (drawing game based on the telephone whisper game)
-drawing prompt game
* Drawing technique
- how to hold a pencil for the greatest effect
- how to map out backgrounds and build figures
* Story boarding
-how to build a narrative with 3 acts
-techniques for drafting
What you need to bring:
-Nothing! unless you want to bring some pens that you like to use.
So come and join me for a masterclass in how to be a comics champion.
-There will be snacks, tea and wine provided.
- *Drawing games (to loosen you up) -exquisite corpse -telephone (drawing game based on the telephone whisper game) -drawing prompt game * Drawing technique - how to hold a pencil for the greatest effect - how to map out backgrounds and build figures * Story boarding -how to build a narrative with 3 acts -techniques for drafting
- Drawing skills, story boarding skills
free on street parking
anyone interested in making comics. Any skill level welcome
Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email email@example.com to organise a refund.
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Customer R - Bats of Leisure will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Bats of Leisure’s premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Bats of Leisure unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Bats of Leisure classes and events or on Bats of Leisure’s premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS - Bats of Leisure requires 24 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 24 hours prior to the workshop they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 24 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Bats of Leisure has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavor to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.