Being tied to home because of Covid19 need not stop you learning. Bee Sustainable has the solution for your ongoing learning despite the social isolation. It’s online Sourdough via Zoom.
Pick up your online sourdough kit from Bee Sustainable on Friday then log on to our live online group class where you will learn how to make sourdough in two and a half hours fully supported.
Join Rick of The Life We Want for the online adaptation of our long running Bee Sustainable sourdough course. Using the ingredients and equipment supplied in your online sourdough kit you will be guided through this age-old process online and introduced to the equipment and skills required to successfully bake a sourdough loaf in your own home.
With a Naturopathic degree and over seven years’ experience teaching Bee Sustainable clients how to bake sourdough, our demonstrator Rick Lavender has a wealth of knowledge to share. Baking sourdough has been a natural response for Rick to the challenge of living a healthy life.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have a basic understanding of:
- The theory behind sourdough baking
- How to look after your own sourdough starter culture
- What kind of flour to use for the best results
- The equipment needed to produce a great looking and tasting sourdough tin loaf at home.
- How to knead sticky dough and survive the experience.
- What bread dough looks and feels like at its various stages of development.
- How to bake sourdough bread using a bread tin in a home oven.
During this hands-on workshop you will prepare your own sourdough starter culture. Assuming a Saturday morning scheduling, you will mix and hand knead a batch of sourdough to bake on Sunday, shape and prepare a loaf to bake on Saturday afternoon and observe Rick baking a finished sourdough loaf, all in under two and half hours.
Participants will be limited to 6 to maintain an informal interactive format.
The workshop will include:
- Comprehensive notes
- Supporting materials, bread formula
- Starter culture
- Professional quality bread tin and all ingredients required to make your sourdough bread.
You will need to pick up your Online Sourdough Kit on Friday from the Bee Sustainable shop in Brunswick East and keep your Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning free to bake your sourdough loaf.
- Ways to create and look after your own Sourdough starter culture, flour to use for the best nutrition and results.
- Ways to knead sticky high hydration dough for a more authentic sourdough loaf, equipment needed to produce a great looking and tasting sourdough tin loaf at home.
- Ways to bake sourdough bread using a bread tin in a home oven, bread dough looks and feels like at its various stages of preparation and development.
- Comprehensive workshop notes.
- Sourdough starter culture.
- Discount on a professional quality bread tin.
- A bread tin will be required for this class. You can bring your own (450g size is good) or purchase one at the workshop at a discounted rate.
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Everyone, no experience necessary.
Vendor since 2015
Bee Sustainable helps people lead a sustainable life. We supply the necessary equipment and requirements to pursue self sufficiency with an emphasis on domestic food production and storage.
Robert, the proprietor of Bee Sustainable, comes from a bee keeping family and has been involved with various aspects of bee keeping over many years. The Bee Sustainable project has been Robert’s passion since he recognised the need for the services and goods now offered through the business.
Refunds and Transfer requests incur a $10 administration fee.
A minimum of 7 days notice is required for refunds and/or transfer requests. Refund and transfer requests with less than 7 days notice (of the scheduled date) qualify for a 50% refund or credit towards the new date. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice qualify for a 20% discount on the next booking made.
Participation in Bee Sustainable's classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that bees and the kitchen environment can pose risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur.