Tuesday Studio offers emerging/beginning artists an opportunity to develop their ideas, themes and techniques in a studio environment with emerging artists and established and practicing artists acting as tutors. The program will have a mentoring quality tailored to individual student needs.
Students will have the opportunity to develop a cohesive body of work through extending their ideas and technical resolve.
Classes will involve thematic based lessons, discussion and presentation on contemporary arts practice and group critiques of individuals work.
Tuesday Studio is tutored by experienced teachers and practicing artists.
Date: Tuesdays, 4th February - 24th March (8 weeks)
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Fee: $600 (full) / $560. (Early Bird Discount, available until 14th January) Includes all materials and equipment.
- Ana Radovcich
- Tobias Richardson
- Zoe Amor.
- Gabrielle Martin.
- Helen Seligman.
- Painting with mixed media, including gouache, acrylic & oils
- Making & preparing painting stretchers and traditional gesso grounds
- Drawing including life, experimental & research drawing
- Sculpting with various media including wood, clay, plaster, found and ready-made materials
- Printing Making with multi-block collagraphs and experimenting with a transparent medium
- Underlying the course will a grounding in art history, theory and contemporary practice
Clothing suitable for creatingart in!
Suitable for those who have completed Art Pathways, but no prerequisites.
Vendor since 2016
Castlemaine Community House is in Castlemaine, Mount Alexander Shire, within the Central Goldfield region of Victoria. It is situated 120kms from Melbourne, approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the city. Castlemaine is encircled by at least six towns, each with their own particular identity. In addition to its established population, the Shire is a magnet for an increasing population of arts practitioners, tree changers, down shifters and those pursuing an alternative lifestyle based on environmental sustainability.
Castlemaine Community House provides programs and activities contributing to community development and supporting individuals and groups within the local community.
Castlemaine Community House is:
◙ a learning centre
◙ a meeting place
◙ a not-for-profit enterprise
◙ a drop-in centre
◙ a supportive, welcoming placean information network
We have a range of regular activities, educational classes for adults, programs for parents and children, and a large number of community projects which we run or contribute to. We are run by a committee of management and we have a number of staff and volunteers.
2015 marks our 30th anniversary. There is abrief history of our first 30 years
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.