Keum Boo Class - Create earrings and a pendant
The ancient Korean technique, Keum Boo involves fusing wafer thin 24ct gold to fine silver. In this 5 hour class, you will create two pieces of jewellery (two pairs of earrings or one pair of earrings and one pendant) and learn how to roll 24ct gold to the correct thickness and fuse it to fine silver using heat. Keum Boo brings jewellery to another level by adding a beautiful, rich gold colour without the expense. The class cost includes all materials: 24ct gold, fine silver, sterling silver earring hooks and a sterling silver chain. Extra gold, silver and findings are available for purchase.
The prerequisite for this class is completion of 'Introduction to Jewellery Making Skills, Stage 1"and or demonstrated basic jewellery making skills.
The class size is 8 students for max. social distancing - COVID-19 requirements.
What you will learn
- Learn about the ancient Korean technique of fusing wafer thin 24ct gold to fine silver using heat.
- Learn how to roll 24ct gold to the correct thickness and fuse it to fine silver using heat
- Apply Keum Boo basic techniques to making either 2 sets of earrings and or one set of earrings and a pendant.
What you will get
- Your earrings (2 pairs) and or 1 pair and a pendant.
- Tuition and demonstrations of the basic Keum Boo techniques and application to making earrings and pendants.
What to bring
- All materials supplied including gold and silver and findings (earring hooks and pendant chain).
What to wear
Long pants /jean, closed in shoes, tee shirt and long hair tied back.
The prerequisite for this class is basic jewellery making skills.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Strategy - Important
Contemporary Metal implemented a COVID-19 RISK Mitigation Strategy in March 2020. Please refer to our Website under Our Policies for detail.
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
Contemporary Metal's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 2 days before class starts. A AU$20.00 fee applies.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 2 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 2 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Contemporary Metal or organised by Contemporary Metal must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Contemporary Metal.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Contemporary Metal unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Contemporary Metal classes and events or on Contemporary Metal's premises. (For use of Contemporary Metal marketing materials).