It is important to know what is in season when heading to the fruit and grocers. Knowing what is going to be best eaten in the season makes a huge impact on the environment and the health of your family.
This class is designed to inspire cooks of all abilities to know the vegetables of the current season and some handy tips on how to best prepare / cook them.
Duration: 90 Minutes
- Know what is in season when heading to the fruit and grocers.
- Best eaten in the season makes a huge impact on the environment and the health of your family.
- Acquire the abilities to know the vegetables of the current season and some handy tips on how to best prepare / cook them.
- Expert tuition from a hands on practitioner
- Greater understanding of vegetable seasonality
- Introduction to heirloom vegetables
- Overview of vegetable preservation methods
- Many wonderful ideas for uses of seasonal vegetables
- Tastings of delicious vegetable varieties
- Just your interest to learn!
Vendor since 2017
An elegant little place specialising in truly gourmet crêpes and galettes. A restaurant where attention to detail is apparent, from the classy monochrome décor, Christina Re teaware serving exquisite Ovvio Organic and Cup Above tea, through to the actual food itself … each dish a sensory work of art made from the best quality local, seasonal, mostly organic ingredients supplied by some of Australia’s best practice artisan brands and producers: Schulz Organic Farms, Barambah Organics, Woodbridge Smokehouse, Kialla Pure Foods, Yarra Valley Caviar, Carboor Harvest, The Fermentary, Gary’s Quality Meats, Hagens Organic Butchers.
With an open kitchen, transparency is part of the charm of this unique French Bistro and Crêperie in Brighton. Patrons engage with all members of the team, observing the preparation techniques using traditional cookware to make their food.
Ideal venue for private corporate functions including team building events (between 6 - 26 attendees)
Restaurant open for: lunch Wednesday - Saturday 12 - 2:30pm and dinner Wednesday - Saturday 6 - 9.30pm
As the venue is small and cosy, bookings are recommended.