Small group, highly focused skill correction clinic for kids and teenagers on dives and turns. Each swimmer will be filmed and have video analysis throughout the session (which is provided to parents afterwards), followed by a pool session working through specific exercises to help correct their dive starts and turns.
This dive and turn clinic will go through dive starts (track start), tumble turns (free and backstroke) and touch turns (breaststroke and butterfly). Please note backstroke starts and medley turns will not be covered.
With a small group size of six swimmers per clinic, each swimmer is given tailored feedback and advice throughout the clinic. This clinic is run by Australian representative, Commonwealth recorder holder and Effortless Swimming coach Mitchell Patterson.
• The key fundamentals for an explosive dive start and how to maintain your speed off the blocks into your first six strokes
• Comprehensive video analysis of your dive start and turns to give you better understanding of how to improve them (which is recorded and emailed to you after the clinic)
• Finding the right number of kicks off the wall to keep speed and momentum into the breakout.
• How to position your head, hips, feet, and arms during the start to get off the blocks quickly
• Keeping a narrow and tight tuck position in your turns to minimise drag for maximum speed
• How to implement and maintain their new skills into daily training
- Finding the right number of kicks off the wall to keep speed and momentum into the break out.
- The key fundamentals for an explosive dive start and how to maintain your speed off the blocks into your first six strokes
- How to implement and maintain their new skills into daily training
- A fun and valuable learning experience
- Comprehensive video analysis of your dive start and turns to give you better understanding of how to improve them (which is recorded and emailed to you after the clinic)
- Fins/flippers (we recommend DMC Elite fins)
- Front Snorkel (optional)
- Pull Buoy
Swimmers 10-16 years of age - who are looking to improve their technique in a small class size with regular feedback.
Vendor since 2017
When swimmers and triathletes want to get faster in the water it’s not often a matter of training harder. Fitness can only take a person so far in swimming. The most effective way to increase speed and endurance is by improving your technique. We take the drills, techniques and training methods used by the best swimmers around the world and make them available to athletes of all levels.
A bit about Brenton:
- Australian National Age Finalist (400 IM, 200 Breaststroke, 200 IM)
- National Masters Record Holder
- Australian National Masters Coach of the Year (2012)
- Australian Masters National Championship Coach (2009, 2012, 2013)
These methods have been used with athletes and teams who have:
- Broken National and World Master’s records (Kelly Higgins, Jenny Bucknell, Brenton Ford plus many more)
- Made National swim teams (Sam Ashby)
- Competed in the Olympics in triathlon (Samantha Warriner, New Zealand)
- Won back-to-back National Master’s titles (Powerpoints MSC)
- Win open water races (Too many to mention!)
- Improved efficiency and smoothness of their stroke (you don’t have to be a top level swimmer to benefit from the materials)
Effortless Swimming requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Effortless Swimming to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Effortless Swimming or organised by Effortless Swimming must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Effortless Swimming.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Effortless Swimming unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Effortless Swimming classes and events or on Effortless Swimming's premises. (For use of Effortless Swimming marketing materials).
Effortless Swimming requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.