In this hands-on workshop, you will learn various techniques in order to create a tall, modern chocolate drip cake, using everyday ingredients. You will also learn how to create your own chocolate sails and shaped decorations, apply edible gold leaf or gold lustre, and securely put the whole cake together. You will be able to take your delicious creation home to share with friends and family.
The class will cover:
• Cake design & planning
• How to make Swiss Meringue buttercream.
• How to cut, stack and fill a round cake
• Colouring buttercream with chocolate
• How to render smooth buttercream and achieve razor sharp edges on a round cake
• How to achieve the perfect drip
• How make chocolate shards and shapes for cake decorating
- How to bake the perfect cake
- How to stack and assemble an extra tall cake
- How to make edible chocolate decorations
- All cake and buttercream recipes - own cake to take home
- Snacks and drinks; Lunch / Dinner
Please wear comfortable and closed shoes.
Everyone interested to learn new things.
Vendor sincce 2017
Emelia Jackson Cake Designs is the baby of self-taught baker, Emelia Jackson. Having competed in the popular TV show, MasterChef Australia in 2014, Emelia launched her cake business at the start of 2016. Fast forward 18 months and the business is creating cakes and dessert bars weekly for people around Melbourne. Specialising in Swiss Meringue buttercream and tall modern cakes, Emelia loves to teach hobby bakers the tips and tricks she’s picked up along the way.