Term 2 2019 at Gloworm Studios begins on Tuesday the 7th of May and runs for 8 weeks. Our classes are held every Tuesday from 4 - 5 30pm.
This class focuses on building our artists drawing and painting skills as well as further exploring and gaining confidence in each student's personal style.
Through various painting and drawing based activities we will learn about artists past and present, explore a diverse range of materials and methods, refine our observational drawing skills and dive into our imaginations! Projects range from botanical illustration, character drawing, collage, portraiture, illustration and more. In every class students are encouraged set their imaginations free and to have as much fun as possible!
At Gloworm Studios all students are treated like the true artists that they are, therefore we fully encourage and nurture each student's development of their unique personal style.
Trial Class: free!
Term 1 term fee (8 weeks): $200
- Create depth, mix colours, create interesting compositions and build observational drawing skills.
- Create artwork using a variety of materials including watercolour paints, pastels, pencils, acrylic paints, collage and more.
- Learn about artists past and present and their different styles of painting and drawing.
- A sketchbook for collecting inspiration and practising painting and drawing skills.
- A fun filled weekly painting and drawing activity taught by a practising artist and professional illustrator.
- Use of the high quality art materials.
- A chance to make new friends and explore creativity in a welcoming and encouraging studio setting.
- Just your enthusiasm!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Kids ages 9-13
Vendor since 2017
Gloworm Studios is a unique art school located in the heart of Northcote. Led by professional illustrator Marianna Marx, our programs specialise in painting, drawing and illustration. Our classes are kept small to make sure each student receives the quality attention they deserve. Gloworm Studios is a warm and nurturing environment where artists both young and young at heart are invited to immerse themselves in their creativity and imagination.
Marianna Marx has taught art alongside her illustration career for the past 10 years. Her experiences include working in the education department at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, an artist residency at Caulfield Grammar School, one on one art tutoring for children and adults, after school art classes, corporate workshops and working alongside artists with intellectual disabilities. Marianna has taken insight from each of these experiences to create an art school of her own where she can share her love for creative expression with others in her local community.