Italian Cooking Masterclass
(+3 more dates)
You will love the chance to learn to make some favourite Italian dishes, including pasta from scratch, gnocchi and ragu. Immerse yourself in Italian culture through its food, and learn more than you would just eat these dishes at a restaurant. You will work with your partner or the chef and will sit down at the communal table to eat their delicious creations afterwards.
In our Italian cooking class, we’ll start by hand made our dough for freshly made pizza and pasta. We will be exploring all the specific fresh vegetables and herbs used in Italian cuisine why they are used as well as the ingredients to create authentic Italian cuisine. You’ll then be making an array of dishes that will embrace the joys of cooking with garlic, fantastic olive oil, cheese, and cured meats. You will make fresh homemade tomato sauce, fresh pasta, ragu, and your own dessert! Please note this class has gluten products but can be vegan or vegetarian-friendly. We also do a pizza-making class.
- A hands-on Italian cooking class experience, with expert Chef tuition
- Learn the fundamentals of Italian ingredients and flavours
- How to create Italian recipes yourself and to your palette
- Cooking tips, tricks, and techniques
- Intimate class sizes in a fun and social setting
- A delicious meal celebrated and enjoyed together, toasted with sparkling wine and beers
- The online recipes from your class so you can recreate them at home
- The class is vegetarian-friendly.
- Insalata - Seasonal Salad
- Pappardelle - Fresh Egg Pasta
- Ragu Al Genovese -Stewed Beef Chuck
- Ricotta Gnocchi - Potato Dumplings, Lemon, Brown Butter, Sage
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on experience lasts for approximately 3 hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- Demonstration of the Italian Cooking Class Recipes by your Chef
- Tastings, making your entree, mains, salads, desserts
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wine
- These Italian Cooking Classes are a perfect solution for your Christmas Party, Birthday party, Anniversary, Hens Party, Bucks Party, Team Building Cooking, Work lunch and dinner or Corporate event. We can cater to different dietary requirements - please let us know by email email@example.com
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you are welcome to collect the ingredients and online recipe to take home with you after the class. Please note that this may not be possible as fresh meats and seafood in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organized via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.
What you will learn
- A hands-on Italian cooking class experience, with expert Chef tuition Learn the fundamentals of Italian ingredients and flavours How to create Italian recipes yourself and to your palette Cooking tips, tricks, and techniques Intimate class sizes in a fun and social setting A delicious meal celebrated and enjoyed together, toasted with sparkling wine and beers The online recipes from your class so you can recreate them at home The class is vegetarian-friendly.
What you will get
- This hands-on experience lasts for approximately 3 hours Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival Demonstration of the Italian Cooking Class Recipes by your Chef Tastings, making your entree, mains, salads, desserts Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wine
Otao Kitchen is located at 393 Victoria Street, Abbotsford, 3067 Victoria, Australia
We encourage you to travel on public transport. Please check with Public Transport Victoria (www.ptv.vic.gov.au or 1800 800 007) for train and tram timetables. Otao kitchen is accessible via train to North Richmond Station and/or tram; route 109 (Box Hill to Port Melbourne) and route 12 (St Kilda to Victoria Gardens) go along Victoria Street – you should disembark at stop 22. Route 78 (Prahran to Richmond) stops at the corner of Church and Victoria Streets and is only one block from Otao kitchen.
There is plenty of street parking available during the day on Victoria and surrounding streets, but most have a 1-2 hour parking limit. Sunday is free from 12pm. Please check the sign. Parking can also be limited depending on the day and time, so plan carefully. Alternatively, you can park your vehicle in Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre where 2 hours and more parking is available at reasonable rates. Otao Kitchen is just a short 5 minute walk from the Shopping Centre.
Bicycles can be stored and locked securely at the front of Otao kitchen’s property. If you need to park the bike in the back, please enter via the Victoria Street main entrance and arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your class so the bicycle can be stored without interruption to the class.
What to bring
What to wear
Adults 18-100, All skill levels
Otao Kitchen was launched in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia in July 2014, with the goal of celebrating the rich and varied cooking experiences of Melbourne’s immigrant multicultural communities. Its founder, Chef Ha Nguyen, originally from Hanoi shares his passion for food, instructing customers in the exotic diaspora of Asian and around the world cuisine.
Today our guests can get inspired by cooking with our local and international chefs, listen to their cooking and travel experiences in Asia and around the world and bring some cooking and cultural tips and tricks home. With the nods at the diversity of communities within Melbourne, Otao kitchen features an array of food experiences on Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Dumplings, Indian, Korean, Indonesian, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Mexican cuisines and more.
In 2020 with the challenge of global Covid 19 pandemic, we set out to capture the curriculum of our hands-cooking classes and deliver it online to home cooks in Australia and across the world to guide you to cooking success and better health.
Otao Kitchen is named after Ông Táo, the Vietnamese Kitchen God. Ông Táo is regarded as the advocate of Vietnamese families to the gods and a messenger between Heaven and Earth. In preparation for a prosperous year, Vietnamese families clean their homes and polish their silver. During the New Year celebrations, Ông Táo comes to serve as the Kitchen God to Vietnamese families. As the old year ends, he flys back to Heaven on a magic carp reporting on each family’s life and experiences over the past year to the Jade Emperor, the King of Heaven. Ông Táo is regarded as a family member and various prayers and offerings are brought to him at the family altar.
Otao Kitchen aims to increase the accessibility of healthy food options with hands-on cooking. Our cooking classes offer you an intelligent, thoughtful and authentic cooking experience - that is fun, adventurous and suitable for people of all ages, teams, work party, backgrounds or levels of cooking skills. The skills you will learn are fully transferable to your own kitchen and we look forward to hearing and seeing what you create at home after the classes.
For face-to-face cooking classes visit https://otaokitchen.com.au
Otao Kitchen Cooking School has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Otao kitchen or organised by Otao kitchen must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Otao kitchen
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Otao kitchen unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Otao kitchen classes and events or on Otao kitchen premises. (For use of Otao kitchen marketing materials).
3.) REFUNDS & RESCHEDULE
Otao Kitchen requires 7 days notice in writing or with a call prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit. You may be able to reschedule 7 days before at no cost. Changes done within 7 days prior to the class may incur an admin fee of $59.
In the event that a class is canceled by Otao kitchen, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
More From Otao Kitchen Cooking School
Cooking with Australian Ingredients MasterclassCooking with Australian Ingredients Masterclass
AU$197.00Abbotsford, VICSat, 01 Apr 2:00PM (AEDT) (+9 more)
Other classes you might like
Thermomix Modes Deep Dive Zoom (Free)Thermomix Modes Deep Dive Zoom (Free)
AU$0.00Live via ZoomThu, 04 May 7:00PM (AEST)
Awesome scones in JUST 5 minutesAwesome scones in JUST 5 minutes
AU$0.00Live via ZoomSat, 13 May 12:00PM (AEST)
Adding your recipes to CookidooAdding your recipes to Cookidoo
AU$0.00Live via ZoomSun, 21 May 12:00PM (AEST)
Learn How to Bake Alfajores BiscuitsLearn How to Bake Alfajores Biscuits
from AU$99.00Live via ZoomSun, 02 Apr 2:00PM (AEST) (+8 more)Accepts private bookings
Cookidoo - Shopping Features (save time & money)Cookidoo - Shopping Features (save time & money)
AU$0.00Live via ZoomSat, 15 Apr 12:00AM (AEST) (+1 more)
Thermomix: Features you may have missedThermomix: Features you may have missed
AU$0.00Live via ZoomSat, 22 Apr 12:00PM (AEST) (+1 more)