French meadow baguette platter workshop Level 2
A fun creative class every piece will be different
Come back and make another piece of glass art, we'll share a glass of bubbles while we create our unique French meadow in glass.
See this french baguette (actually its from Bakers Delight) this is the size of the platter you'll be making in this workshop.
We've been inspired by the French country-side to create a workshop where you can make 4 coasters or a baguette platter filled with wildflowers!
Now you have completed Life’s Colours Introductory Workshop, you can use your new-found fusing skills to create another piece of glass.
The 3 hours gives you time to brush up on your cutting skills and make your own long long channel platter. These platters are fabulous for food presentation, they fit a french stick on them perfectly. Your platter will be 17cms x 50cms or you can create coasters as an alternative.
This will be fun.
Please let me know when you book in, which option you'd like to create, so that I can have the glass and the correct size kiln shelf available for you, (your choices are baguette platter or 4 coasters - if you want to make some other shape please let me know, we have very small workshops so being adaptable to your needs is always our aim.
You will choose from the large selection of transparent and opaque colours, stringers, noodles, frit, part-sheets and rods that are in my studio at the time of your workshop!
14 days afterwards, you’ll collect your creation. Book in now with your friends (for extra discount) so you can create together.
- You will learn how to make a fabulous french meadow using frit and other components
- Enhance your fusing & slumping skills!
- Use your slumping skills to create another piece of art glass
- All materials provided
- All firings (3) and a glass of bubbles for extra enjoyment
- You can choose a different size and shape if you let me know 3 days before the workshop (t's & c's apply)
- an idea of what you are going to create this time
- bring your friends and share this fabulous workshop.
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs).
The prerequisite is that you have attended one of my LEVEL ONE(1) LIFE'S COLOURS WORKSHOPS previously. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult or carer who also attends the workshop.
Please note that you may be photographed during this workshop.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $8.00 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (email@example.com) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket.
- Alternatively for the Beginners Workshops, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendance at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jenie Yolland's studio or organised by Jenie Yolland must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jenie Yolland.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jenie Yolland unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jenie Yolland's classes and events or on Jenie Yolland's premises. (For use of Jenie Yolland's marketing materials).
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or class credit.