An elegant elongated platter - you'll love it!
Its now time to use your slumping skills to create an elegant elongated platter. It's a lovely shape and size - 20cms by 35cms. You can see it in the images here.
Should you wish to make another size or shape, please let me know when you book in so that I can have the glass and the correct size kiln shelf available for you. (Extra costs might apply.) You will choose from the large selection of transparent colours, opaque colours, stringers, noodles and rods and "part sheets" that are in my studio at the time of your workshop!
14 days afterwards, you'll collect your creation! This is a workshop for 3 people, (when 3 people book in together, you get the whole studio to yourselves, you can nominate a date for your private workshop if you prefer).
What a great way to spend time with your friends!
The prerequisite is that you have attended either my LIFE'S COLOURS or COASTER WORKSHOP.
GIFT VOUCHERS are available for this workshop from the book now section here.
We will have good music playing while we create something fabulous together. We might even pop a bottle of bubbly, if you like.
This is a fun workshop to do with your family and friends. This is another mix and match workshop - so if your friends want to come with you to this workshop they can make something else at the same time. Simply call and we can make the necessary arrangements for you all.
- You will choose from any glass you see in my studio on the day of our workshop!
- Enhance your fusing & slumping skills!
- Use your slumping skills to create your second piece of art glass that you’ve been dreaming of since you were here last.
- All materials provided
- All the glass for a piece of 6mm art glass that sits on a 30cm x 30cm kiln shelf with 3 firings after the workshop
- You can choose a different size and shape if you let me know 3 days before the workshop (t's & c's apply)
- Everything is included - come along with you idea and we'll go from there. This is a Level 2 Workshop some techniques (Woven & Girls are Level 3)
- Level 1 Life's Colours is the prerequisite for this Level 2 Workshop.
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs).
The prerequisite is that you have attended one of my LEVEL ONE(1) LIFE'S COLOURS WORKSHOP previously. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult or carer who also attends the workshop.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $5.50 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (email@example.com) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket. Alternatively, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur. We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.