Giant centrepiece class Level 2
Come back and make another piece of glass art.
The 3 hours gives you time to brush up on your cutting skills and make your own giant centrepiece. It'll measure 33cms x 44cms. Is that big enough for you? Will it be a wedding gift for that special wedding?
This is another mix and match workshop - so if your friends want to come with you but they can want to make something else they can! Simply call and we can make the necessary arrangements for you all.
Our aim is that you'll build your base piece in the first 3 hour session and you'll come back and cold work your platter during the second session so it can be fired again and then slumped into the "jackson shaped" mold. If your time is limited, I can do the cold working for you.
Everything is included: all glass, all tools and all firings. Come and make something fun - your own centrepiece ready for your next get-together at home, or we can gift wrap it ready for that special wedding.
You will choose from the large selection of transparent and opaque colours, stringers, noodles, frit, part-sheets and rods that are in my studio at the time of your workshop!
14 days afterward our second session, you’ll collect your creation. Book in now with your friends (for extra discount) so you can share some creative time together.
(We now have access to a "big classroom" in Thomastown, so if you are part of a book club or mothers' group and you'd like to share this experience with a larger group of people, please contact me so we can arrange to book the "big classroom" for your group experience. No extra costs are incurred at the Thomastown location. )
If you can't find a date here that suits your diary please email us email@example.com so we can arrange a new date especially for you.
- You will learn how to make a large centrepiece in art glass
- Enhance your fusing & slumping skills!
- All firings (3) and a glass of bubbles for extra enjoyment
- to spend time being creative
- an idea of what you are going to create this time
- bring your friends and spread the love
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs).
The prerequisite is that you have attended one of my LEVEL ONE(1) LIFE'S COLOURS WORKSHOPS previously. Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by an adult or carer who also attends the workshop.
Please note that you may be photographed during this workshop.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $8.00 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket.
- Alternatively for the Beginners Workshops, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur. We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.