This class is for absolute beginners to glaze making and will focus on the practical side of glaze making.
We'll go through a recipe step by step
- How to read the recipe
- The equipment you'll need
- How to measure out the materials
- How to mix your glaze
- How to apply your glaze
- And how to do all this safely
By the end you should have the confidence to go home and mix your own glazes.
It will be very light on theory/chemistry, so if you're hoping for more of that, you should check out my more advanced classes, and my mentoring sessions.
What you will learn
- You will learn how to read a glaze recipe
- How to mix up the ingredients into a glaze
- Then how to apply your glaze to a pot by spraying and dipping
What you will get
- All the materials you need to make your glaze
- A small pot to glaze
- And I will fire your pot for you
There is ample on street parking
What to bring
- A dust mask will be provided, but you can bring your own if you have one. Everything else will be provided.
What to wear
Comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 1 day before class starts. An admin fee of AU$5.00 applies.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Kim's Studio or organised by Kim Ulrick must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Kim Ulrick
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Kim Ulrick unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Kim Ulrick's classes and events or on Kim Ulrick's premises. (For use of Kim Ulrick's marketing materials).