Glass Fusing Workshop for Beginners
(+10 more dates)
This is an intensive workshop where you will learn comprehensive glass fusing and slumping skills.
Specifically you will learn:
- Understanding glass fusing and slumping
- Supplies and equipment
- Fusable glass in all its forms
- How to cut glass using mosaic cutters, free hand scorers and a glass
- cutting system
- The basic fusing process
- Make your first fused glass pieces
Includes glass and all materials for the full-day workshop. In the morning you will make some small items (jewelry, coaster, small dish) in order to understand different firing outcomes. We have an hour lunch break - there are a lot of local restaurants so you can eat locally or bring your own lunch. In the afternoon you will make a piece 26cm x 26cm. This can be in the form of a flat art piece or a platter/dish. If you choose to make a larger item than what the course offers - or an additional item - you can do so but will be charged for the additional glass, materials and firing. The value of the pieces you will make is worth approximately $120 so this is a good value for money course.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served.
What you will learn
- Understanding the basics of glass fusing and slumping
- Acquire skills and knowledge necessary to fuse glass
- Make your first fused glass pieces
What you will get
- You will know the basics of fusing glass
- Make some small pieces to learn and then create your first glass artwork
- Structured workshop, small class, practical hands-on workshop and attention from instructor
What to bring
- A black sharpie, a silver sharpie, and a container to store your cut glass (does not need to be larger than 30cm long x 5cm deep – but whatever you have).
- If possible spend a bit of time looking at fused glass pieces on the web. This will be helpful but not essential when designing your own pieces.
What to wear
Casual; closed shoes
This course is targeted at people with no glass fusing skills or for someone with a little knowledge but no application. This will be a hands-on workshop.
Merryl's Mosaics and Glass Studio is a mosaic and glass fusing studio where people come and learn to mosaic and fuse glass. Merryl's Mosaics is a creative, stimulating and inviting environment in which to learn, create, relax and express yourselves.
We run workshops and also have an open studio where you can come and create on an on-going basis. We also hold parties for children and adults, holiday programs and team building functions. Merryl’s Mosaics has been operating since 2008. We have taught thousands of people about the magic of mosaics!
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio or organised by Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio classes and events or on Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio's premises. (For use of Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio marketing materials).