Fused Glass Jewellery Workshop
Come along and have some fun in a gorgeous, arty environment while learning to make a variety of fused glass jewellery pieces. You will learn how to make 5 different types of glass jewellery, which you will then make into pendants earrings, rings, brooches or cufflinks. You will learn how to make:
Dichroic glass jewellery
Glass beads - Murano style (these do not have holes in them)
Carbochons (colourful glass beads and organic shapes) using a variety of techniques
Jewellery using reactive glass and
Jewellery using inclusions like silver foils
You will learn to cut glass, learn how different glass behaves for different outcomes, and make 5 different types of pieces. Although the techniques are not difficult, some require several stages, which is why the course will be run over 2 sessions.
You can make up to 10 pieces of jewellery as part of the course with a maximum of 6 dichroic pieces (if you would like to make more pieces there will be an extra charge for the glass and jewellery findings)
Glass fusing is an amazing and beautiful process. You will love it and be delighted with the pieces you make.
It is creative, fun and relaxing. And you will take home some beautiful pieces of jewellery. Come along and give it a go!
Some pieces will be left at Merryl’s Mosaics for firing and can be picked up about a week later. Suitable for people from 13 years plus.
- Learn to make several different types of jewellery pieces including attaching findings
- Learn how to make glass parts which will be fired and used in your final designs in Session 2
- Learn how to cut, shape and grind your pieces for professional finishes
- You will make up to 10 Jewellery pieces including attachments. Tea, coffee, biscuits served.
- We recommend looking at fused glass jewellery on the internet and to come with some ideas of what you want to make. A black and silver texta and a notepad will be helpful.
- You can bring a snack if you want to.
Casual. Closed shoes.
Most suitable for adults and kids from 13 years plus.
Vendor since 2017
Merryl's Mosaics and Glass Studio is a mosaic and glass fusing studio where people come and learn to mosaic and fuse glass. Merryl's Mosaics is a creative, stimulating and inviting environment in which to learn, create, relax and express yourselves.
We run workshops and also have an open studio where you can come and create on an on-going basis. We also hold parties for children and adults, holiday programs and team building functions. Merryl’s Mosaics has been operating since 2008. We have taught thousands of people about the magic of mosaics!