Fused Glass Jewellery Workshop
(+47 more dates)
Come along and have some fun in a gorgeous, arty environment while learning to make a variety of fused glass jewellery pieces.
Merryl’s Mosaics is open to the public to come and attend a one-off fused glass jewellery class in Melbourne. No experience is necessary, just book in and come and have a fun time making unique jewellery pieces. This class is perfect if you're looking for a unique adult party, a hen's party, a corporate workshop or an experience gift for special occasions.
You will learn how to make five different types of glass jewellery, which you will then make into pendants earrings, rings, brooches or cufflinks. During the class, you will learn how to cut glass and see how different glass behaves so that you can achieve different outcomes.
You will learn how to make:
- Fused glass jewellery with a variety of finished surfaces
- Dichroic glass jewellery
- Cabochons (colourful glass beads and organic shapes) using a variety of techniques
- Jewellery using reactive glass
- Jewellery using inclusions like silver foils
- A variety of stacking techniques to create unique pieces
You can make up to eight pieces of jewellery as part of the course with a maximum of six dichroic pieces (if you would like to make more pieces there will be an extra charge for the glass and jewellery findings).
Your pieces will be left at Merryl’s Mosaics for firing and can be picked up about a week later.
What you will learn
- Learn to make several different types of jewellery pieces including attaching findings
- Learn how to make glass parts which will be fired and used in your final designs in Session 2
- Learn how to cut, shape and grind your pieces for professional finishes
What you will get
- You will make up to 10 Jewellery pieces including attachments. Tea, coffee, biscuits served.
What to bring
- We recommend looking at fused glass jewellery on the internet and to come with some ideas of what you want to make. A black and silver texta and a notepad will be helpful.
- You can bring a snack if you want to.
What to wear
Casual. Closed shoes.
Most suitable for adults and kids from 13 years plus.
Merryl's Mosaics and Glass Studio is a mosaic and glass fusing studio where people come and learn to mosaic and fuse glass. Merryl's Mosaics is a creative, stimulating and inviting environment in which to learn, create, relax and express yourselves.
We run workshops and also have an open studio where you can come and create on an on-going basis. We also hold parties for children and adults, holiday programs and team building functions. Merryl’s Mosaics has been operating since 2008. We have taught thousands of people about the magic of mosaics!
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio or organised by Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio classes and events or on Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio's premises. (For use of Merryl’s Mosaics & Glass Studio marketing materials).