This biodynamic gardening course is designed for food gardeners who already have experience with organic growing methods and seek to improve results whilst deepening their awareness of life processes and the deeper spirit of nature. For gardeners who already have some experience with biodynamic methods the course will strengthen awareness of how to transform the vitality and productivity of food growing leading to improved well being and care of the earth.
Some key rhythms during the course will be:
1. Guided study of the Agriculture Lectures by Rudolf Steiner, the starting point for biodynamics
2. Plant study using Goethean observation methods
3. Progressive development of a biodynamic management plan for each student
4. Connection between course sessions via a course social network group.
The course is run over 8 x 3 hours sessions held on Saturday afternoons from 1-4 pm. Course session dates are: 16 & 30 Jul, 13 & 27 Aug, 17 &24 Sep, 8 Oct and 12 Nov.. Each session will have hands on activities in our beautiful urban farm space in Draper, 30 minutes from Brisbane CBD. The sit down teaching area is weatherproof. Afternoon tea is provided.
Content areas during the course are:
1. Key frameworks of biodynamic practice
2. Working with the biodynamic preparations
3. Understanding how to work with cosmic influences
4. Enhanced capacity for observation of life processes
5. Importance of farm or garden individuality
6. Food and nutrition – Biodynamic perspective for human and animals
7. Challenges of our time – Bringing biodynamic awareness into transforming challenges
Students will be given access to a broad range of biodynamic knowledge resources during the course with Q & A support provided between sessions via the course social network group moderated by the course presenter.
The content and course delivery is provided by Peter Kearney. He has 25 years experience in working with biodynamics and studying anthroposophy (Rudolf Steiner’s work on the human being and agriculture). Peter has run organic and biodynamic gardening courses for 14 years. He is an urban farmer and adviser, director of Biodynamic Agriculture Australia and presents at international conferences on integrating biodynamic practice into urban agriculture.
Course fee is $580 or $550 each if you bring a friend.
“Thank you Peter. I have walked away empowered! Your gentle way, easy to understand explanations and skill enhancing course will take my garden to the next level. Thank you for your patience and guidance”. Erica.
What you will learn
- The course provides a strong foundation in bringing biodynamic methods into your organic food growing
- Higher crop vitality and nutrient density and lower impact from plant diseases and pests
- Deeper understanding of the spirit in nature
What you will get
- Healthy afternoon teas at each session
- Training notes and course complete certificate
- Capacity to ask questions between courses sessions
What to bring
- Writing pad, hat and garden gloves
What to wear
Food growers - adults of any age
My Food Garden provides knowledge and services to support the transformation of our food system to being more local and organic. Our business empowers people living in and around cities to be more productive at growing their own food.
We are located in Brisbane, Australia and deliver our services locally and nationally. Our services in urban farming and organic gardening combine a mixture of hands-on education, mentoring and garden building, in addition to working on larger scale urban agriculture projects. Supporting the emergence of financially sustainable urban farming is one of our core goals.
The business commenced in 2006 and our first web site release in 2008 was under the name of Cityfood Growers and we are now branded as My Food Garden. The company was founded by Peter Kearney, an experienced organic and biodynamic gardener, educator, urban farmer and strategist.
The business has a small team with passion and knowledge in organic food growing and an expanding set of relationships with the movers and shakers of urban agriculture around the world.
My Food Garden has an average rating of 4.9 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at My Food Garden or organised by My Food Garden must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by My Food Garden.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give My Food Garden unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at My Food Garden classes and events or on My Food Garden's premises. (For use of My Food Garden marketing materials).
My Food Garden requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.