Raku Pottery Firing Class
Ray Lightbody brings these Raku Firing Classes to Oak Hill Gallery on the second Saturday each month. You can bring your bisque fired pieces or we can supply some for you and learn the art of Raku glazing and firing. We have been running these classes over the past two years and each time participants go home with beautiful unique pieces.
Bring a friend and enjoy these classes together, we supply a light lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
We try for two firings depending on how many people attend and the size of your bisqued pieces.
What you will learn
- Experience the excitement of Raku and enjoy the instantaneous fiery fun resulting in unexpected discoveries by accident with this ancient Japanese firing technique. Our six hour workshops will introduce you Raku glazing, firing and finishing techniques. We will have two firings each day to enable you to prepare, experiment and finish two pieces. You will also learn how to make beautiful shapes for your jewellery or wall hanging out of clay similar to a piece of frozen pastry
- How to cut, prepare and dry pieces ready for decoration and glazes.
What you will get
- Experienced tuition and your own unique pieces to take home with you.
- A fun and informative class
On site parking available
What to bring
- You can bring your own bisque fired pieces, or we can supply some samples for you to experiment with.
What to wear
Casual comfortable clothing with closed in shoes.
Any age welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult enroled in the class.
Oak Hill Community Arts Co-operative Ltd is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers under the direction of a Board of Directors, and operates Oak Hill Community Gallery as a community access ‘space-for-hire’ showcase of affordable art. There are artists’ studios (previously farm outbuildings) situated in the landscaped grounds.
We offer the public and art lovers alike the opportunity to appreciate a wide variety of styles from the traditional to contemporary, the conventional to the absurd. Oak Hill Community Gallery exhibits works by professional and up-and-coming artists with exhibitions held on a monthly basis. Our aim is to encourage and host new moves of art while continuing to embrace and respect the ancestry of art.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. An admin fee of AU$10.00 applies.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd or organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd classes and events or on Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd premises. (For use of Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative Ltd marketing materials).