Grazing Table Masterclass in Fitzroy
What: Grazing Table & Food Styling Masterclass in Fitzroy
When: Saturday 23rd November 12pm - 4pm
Where: Madras Brothers - 129 Smith Street, Fitzroy
Includes: Props, material and food provided
In this masterclass workshop, you learn how to create a food art feast grazing table and platters.
Get ready to be inspired and take your food styling to a whole new level. Learn how to create less waste, source local quality produce and how to make your tables look abundant and loads of other food styling tips.
This workshop gives you a chance to spend time with someone that works within the industry and started creating grazing tables way before they became a buzzword.
Learn what to charge, how to be sustainable and create exquisite tables using design principles.
Hands-on workshops learning food art creative concepts, food styling tips and create a huge grazing table that will leave people speechless.
Learn how to combine colour, texture and patterns using food, getting the balance of creativity and deliciousness just right.
Learn what seasonal produce will suit certain themes and how to make an abundance of food last throughout the night and stay looking fresh and spectacular and assist in creating a zero-waste event. Learn all the insider secrets to creating an unforgettable feast while taste testing as we go.
Tips on where to collect the right sustainable kitchenware crockery, linen and props to create different themes. Tips on set up, pack up and how to add value to the industry by having your own flair.
This workshop is only held once a year with limited places.
This workshop sells out very quickly if sold out please email us to join the waiting list for our next release.
Your Teacher: Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director of Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over six years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought-provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and an authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
About Put Your Heart Into It: We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
What you will learn
- Learn how to create a grazing table feast from sourcing to styling.
- Learn about design principles and how to create a concept.
- Industry tips, tricks and inspiration to get creative with food for years to come.
What you will get
- Styling knowledge and industry advice
- Ideas on sourcing food and props sustainably to set an ethical example for the industry
- An abundant extravagant grazing table of seasonal food.
What to bring
- Two of your favourite kitchenware / props, linen, ceramics or platters items from your kitchen or cafe.
- Any herbs, preserves or homegrown produce you love
- DSLR, iPad or smart phone fully charged to take photos
What to wear
What ever you fancy...
Food lovers, food industry, hosts and stylists
When booking please email us your business name or what part of grazing tables and food styling your most passionate about learning.
Vendor since 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne, Surf Coast and travel all over Australia to host events. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative event or workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines and creative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-conscious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.