What: Ceramic Planter Workshop
When: Thursday 29th November, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Hand building with clay offers endless possibilities for creating a variety forms.
In this workshop students will be shown how to hand-make a ceramic plant holder.
Various surface decoration and textures will be used to create their own unique piece, such as stamps and found objects such as leaves. If you have a favourite stamp at home, please bring it with you!
This workshop is ideal for those wanting an introduction to the clay making process, to develop new skills and create your own planter which you can take home once fired! No experience necessary, just bring your imagination! Both one-on-one & group demonstrations given by the teacher, Jennifer Conroy Smith.
Stoneware clays will be used in this workshop.
All items created will be glazed by the teacher after the first firing. All glazes used are food safe and microwave safe.
Students will be emailed once their work is ready for collection.
Jennifer is an Artist specialising in sculptural porcelain, predominantly creating site specific installations and wall pieces. Her suspended sculptures consist of multiple hand formed pieces of porcelain, with most encompassing several hundred to thousands of individual pieces. All work is made by hand in Jennifer's studio and investigates thinness of form, light, shadow and movement through tactile forms that are inspired by the natural world. Graduating with First Class Honours in 3D Design in 2002, from Staffordshire University, UK, in the heart of the ceramic industry, Jennifer then gained a Masters Degree and moved to London managing design studios and working with a variety of clients, before establishing her own studio in London working on commissions for National and International clients.
In addition to running the studio, Jennifer expanded her design expertise training as an Art Lecturer, and has taught in a range of educational institutes from Universities to Colleges and private tuition. Relocating to her husband’s home town of Melbourne, Australia, Jennifer re-established the studio and creates work for clients both within Australia and Worldwide, whilst also lecturing at RMIT University.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community. We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at the start time. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you.
- How to work the clay to create an organic, free formed planter
- How to incorporate texture and apply surface decoration.
- Techiniques to build a sturdy, robust and beautiful planter
- All materials and tools provided including stoneware clays, stamps for textures.
- Welcomed into the Put Your Heart Into It community whilst giving yourself time to be mindful & creative.
- Pick up your glazed and fired planter from our studio to use for years to come.
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening, wine and tea
- All materials supplied
- If you have a favourite stamp or leaf at home, please bring it with you.
- A box, container, bag when collecting your fired pieces. We will give you the dates & times of when you can pick it up from us on the night.
Whatever you fancy
Vendor since 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne, Surf Coast and travel all over Australia to host events. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative event or workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines and creative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-conscious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.