Catitude. Course Code: RSV201C3
Does your cat have catitude? Cat behaviour can be confusing, but this course will help you understand your feline friend’s quirks and why they might be acting a certain way.
About this course:
If your cat has catitude, you’ve come to the right place! Catitude is when your otherwise loving furball acts up – like ignoring you, scratching the couch, singing the song of their people at 3am, refusing to use their perfectly fresh litter tray and soiling on the floor – all the while giving you that ‘worship me’ look! Cat behaviour can be confusing, even for the most loyal feline enthusiasts. Our expurrts will teach you all about your cat’s behaviour and what they might be trying to tell you. You’ll learn about common cat-human and cat-cat misunderstandings and how to prevent unwanted behaviours. Understanding kitty’s clues will help you form a genuine, long-lasting bond that will make for a happier home. One thing’s for sure; you’ll learn why cats make fun, loveable companions who are never dull or boring!
- Cat behaviour - what your cat is trying to tell you • How to deal with unwanted behaviour in a multi cat household • Tips for improving human/cat relationships • Cat enrichment tips
- Delivery by our industry experts and qualified trainers • A demonstration of practical training techniques • Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills • Helpful take home resources • A Certificate of Attendance
We will be spending some time outside and touring around, so please bring weather-appropriate clothing.
Those wanting to work in the animal care industry, pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
Vendor since 2016
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.