Learn how to measure vital signs of life, bandage a bleeding wound, perform CPR and maintain safety while working with an injured pet.
About this course:
Focused First Aid for Pets is a 1 hour 30-minute webinar focused on giving you the best information available to be able to help a pet in an emergency situation.
Topics covered will include;
- using the DRSABC Acronym and how this applies to pet emergencies
- Pet First Aid Kits and how to improvise with common household items, along with specific advice about a range of scenarios which are common in the warmer months, including; heat stress, snake bite, insect bite, toxicities and being hit by car.
There will be a presentation for approximately 1 hour followed by a Q & A session - so have your questions ready!
Your will receive downloadable resources to take away with you for reference.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be prepared for that one day we hope won't happen but all too commonly will!
What you will learn
- How to apply DRSABC to animal emergencies
- Maintaining safety while assisting with an injured pet
- How to help in emergencies common in the warmer months
What you will get
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Course booklet & pdf of the presentation
- Certificate of Attendance
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm!
What to wear
N/A. This is an online course
Pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners or their pets. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
RSPCA Victoria's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 7 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 7 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.