Learn the ancient craft of bookbinding in this one day, hands-on workshop in the heart of Bendigo’s Arts Precinct. You will learn the basics of bookbinding, including creating sections and hand sewing the book block. You will also make a quarter cloth bound hard covered journal with decorative paper sides.
SIMON DART - OWNER, BOOKBINDER
Simon has been bookbinding for over 15 years. He brings to the bench experience gained from binderies locally and internationally, where his skills were honed working under the guidance of master craftsmen. His attention to detail and passion for the craft are some of the driving forces behind the business.
Duration: 5.5 Hours, from 9:30am until 3pm
- Make a quarter cloth bound hard covered journal with decorative paper sides.
- Learn the basics of bookbinding including creating sections and hand sewing the book block
- Learn how to use traditional binding equipment
- All materials
- Use of traditional binding equipment
- One full day tuition
- Take-home bookbinding kit comprising of simple binders tools and a manual
- Lunch, tea & coffee
- Small group instruction (maximum 6 people)
- Your interest to learn!
Vendor sincce 2017
SB Libris, known as 'Libris', was established as a boutique bindery in 2004. Such a unique business required a building of suitable character, so the workshop came to fruition inside a classic, Victorian building. Perfectly located in the Arts Precinct of Bendigo, Australia, Libris is nestled amongst galleries, theatres, cafes and other boutique businesses.