Further develop your binding skills and create a quarter leather binding! In this workshop you will learn how to prepare leather for binding, create classic raised bands on the spine and try your hand at some decorative tooling. Some previous binding experience, or participation in our Beginners Workshop would be beneficial.
SIMON DART - OWNER, BOOKBINDER
Simon has been bookbinding for over 15 years. He brings to the bench experience gained from binderies locally and internationally, where his skills were honed working under the guidance of master craftsmen. His attention to detail and passion for the craft are some of the driving forces behind the business.
Duration: 5.5 Hours, from 9:30am until 3pm
- Develop your binding skills and create a quarter leather binding
- Create classic raised bands on the spine and try your hand at some decorative tooling
- Learn to use traditional binding equipment
- All materials
- Use of traditional binding equipment
- One full day tuition
- Take-home bookbinding kit comprising of simple binders tools and a manual
- Lunch, tea & coffee
- Small group instruction (maximum 6 people)
- Your interest to learn!
Vendor since 2017
SB Libris, known as 'Libris', was established as a boutique bindery in 2004. Such a unique business required a building of suitable character, so the workshop came to fruition inside a classic, Victorian building. Perfectly located in the Arts Precinct of Bendigo, Australia, Libris is nestled amongst galleries, theatres, cafes and other boutique businesses.