Ever been interested in baking sourdough bread at home? Creating your own sourdough bread is easier than you might think. Join Lyn Donaldson, a long time dough devotee, demonstrate the age old process and introduce you to the equipment and skills required to get started with sourdough at home.
You will be baking fresh sourdough loaves - free form and tin. You will make your own bread dough to take home and bake the following day. At the end of the workshop each participant will have:
- A freshly baked sourdough loaf to take home
- Mixed sourdough dough, enough to bake a loaf the next day - this dough is also useful for pizza bases if you're breaded out!
- White and Rye flour along with sourdough starter to keep at home.
- Training notes, scoring knife and bowl scrapper
- The opportunity to purchase a baking tin on the day @ $30.00 – These are great quality and excellent to bake with. There is no obligation to purchase, the price is at cost.
Please bring a plastic container with a lid (1-2ltr is ideal) to take your dough home and a bag for other bits and pieces if you wish.
Everything is provided for a day of baking including a cuppa on arrival and Lunch in between baking.
Participants will be limited to 10 to maintain an informal interactive format.
- How to create and look after your own Sourdough starter culture
- What kind of flour to use for the best nutrition and results
- How to bake sourdough bread free form and tin in a home oven
- Your own baked sourdough
- Detailed notes
- Starter culture - to keep the production going at home!
Parking available off Chaucer Street or in College Car Park (enter via Chaucer Street).
- Apron and camera (get some pics of your handy work!)
- Please bring a plastic container 1-2ltr (min)
Casual clothes, things might get messy.
Anyone interested in sourdough.
Vendor since 2016
Get your skills at www.skill-shop.com.au
The skill-shop provides hard to get and quality skills.
With its headquarters in Western Victoria - we seek to provide opportunities for people living regionally to be part of exciting workshops and classes that typically might not be available. We also seek to give people from cities and regional centres an opportunity to see some amazing places while growing a new skill.
Many of our classes are based at the Hamilton Insititute of Rural Learning (HIRL). HIRL is an amazing venue spread across 15 acres and bordering a 100 acre Eastern Barred Bandicoot recovery enclosure. It is the perfect place to connect in community and learn together. http://www.hirl.org.au/
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Skill-Shop or organised by Skill-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Skill-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Skill-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Skill-Shop classes and events or on Skill-Shop's premises. (For use of Skill-Shop marketing materials).
Skill-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone participating in any classes or coming to any events at Skill Shop or organised by Skill Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Skill Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Skill Shop.
The Skill Shop provides classes taught by people with real industry skills. Our classes are about participation, fun and learning.
Our classes are non-accredited, they don’t give you any ‘licences to drive’ so repeat after me……. I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by the Skill Shop.
2) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Skill Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Skill Shop classes and events or on Skill Shop’s premises.
We only use these through newsletters and social media – if you have a real problem with it, just let us know before class.
Skill Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. Just let us know at email@example.com. If you miss the deadline, consider paying your ticket forward to a friend.
At the Skill Shop we do our very best to ensure all scheduled classes run. Sometimes life happens and we may need to cancel if there is an illness or we just don’t get enough participants for the class.
We try to have at least 5 in any class – but if we have to cancel we’ll let you know via email and SMS as soon as possible. A full refund or credit will be issued.