Sewing Classes - CWA Rooms, COOLAMON.
(+5 more dates)
On a Sunday afternoon, once a month, I'll be running sewing classes in the CWA Rooms, in Coolamon. It'll be a four-hour session, starting at 10.00am and finishing by 2.00pm. Students are welcome to work on their own personal projects, under my expert guidance. Absolute beginners are also welcome to begin their sewing journey in this creative, friendly group.
During each session, I will demonstrate at least one vital dressmaking technique. These techniques will include inserting zips, a variety of hemming techniques, all seam types and their specific uses, sleeve insertion, sewing collars, attaching waistbands and so many more.
Bring your sewing machine and all your sewing equipment, patterns, fabric, sewn samples, and creative ideas. These groups will be kept small (6) to make sure everyone gets specialist the attention they desire.
What you will learn
- You will learn many expert dressmaking techniques to make your sewing projects stand out.
- How to deal with sewing machine issues without going to a mechanic.
- You'll gain confidence with laying up your patterns and cutting your fabric.
What you will get
- Confidence in approaching any of your sewing projects in the future.
- Specialised sewing techniques based on my decades of product development in the fashion industry.
- The benefit of working in a creative group where every students gets to learn from all the sewing projects in the room.
What to bring
- Bring any new and current sewing projects where you'd like some assistance during the class.
- Your sewing kit and sewing machine so you can continue sewing during the session and learn new techniques.
- Any patterns that belong to your current sewing projects or future projects. I'm very happy to offer assistance in choosing the best fabrics for your projects.
What to wear
Please wear covered toe shoes. We're keen to keep your toes safe. :)
This class is suitable for students of all skill levels, beginners all the way up to advanced.
Studio Faro is a commercial and educational outfit, run by Anita McAdam, that specialises in fashion design and pattern making.
These workshops are a reflection of Anita's background and the demands of the fashion industry workroom.
'By running these workshops I hope to share my love of design and pattern making. Years of teaching and commercial practice have gifted me with a wealth of knowledge. Come get some!
Check out the blog (well-suited) on the website for more design and pattern madness. :)
All workshops are available for private booking and perfect for a minimum of 6 students; so get your friends together and email me to schedule your private workshop. Anita :) firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that I'm located in Coolamon you'll find my workshops and incursions are available in Sydney, Canberra, and the Riverina Area. Checkout the website for the latest news.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
CLASS BOOKING DETAILS
Booking Information - please read carefully.
Before booking please check the class information on the website to ensure places are available in your chosen class.
Who can book?
- No qualifications or pre-requisites are necessary unless specified in the class description.
- Classes are available to anyone over the age of 15 years.
- For applicants under 18 years of age registration must be accompanied by an email granting permission from a parent or guardian.
- My WWC number is : WWC1142947E
How to BOOK:
- Bookings can be made via the website using Paypal or a credit card.
- If you’re unable to pay by these methods please contact me (email@example.com) directly to arrange an EFT payment.
- Class fees must be paid in full to confirm a place in all classes.
- Payment by cheque or bank transfer is accepted:
- Bank cheques payable to Anita McAdam Designs.
- Electronic transfer: Commonwealth – 062212 - Anita L McAdam - 10281356
STUDIO FARO CLASSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
What do I Bring?
All materials and equipment required for the class are listed in the class description on the website.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Studio Faro students must comply with the health and safety regulations. Please notify the Director of Studio Faro at firstname.lastname@example.org of any existing medical condition or disability that may affect your participation in a class.
- Students are required to wear closed toe shoes for safety in the workroom.
Parking will vary from location to location. Please refer to the individual class description for this information.
No personal information will be disclosed outside Studio Faro without your consent, except where required by law.