In this course each student will make two different modern European cakes; we don’t do share work. The emphasis will not be on the cakes themself but more on all the different techniques and recipes necessary to create them. Depending on the course it will include some of the following products. All will be done from scratch, no premix used.
Element performance criteria
- Orange biscuit
- Hazelnut streusel
- Chocolate cream
- Lemon cremeux
- Chocolate garnishes
- Lime /Apple jelly agar agar
- Miror glaze
- Microwave sponge
- All will be done from scratch, no premix used and you will make it all by yourself,
- New mirror glazing and chocolate techniques used in Europe
- How to make mousse, biscuit sponge and incoprporate them into a cake to create an infinity of your own creation.
- Recipe book and apron will be provided at the beginning of the course, for students to keep.
- Students will take home their products. Boxes will be provided.
Free parking at the front of the school.
- Just your love for baking and your need to learn .
- Bring your lunch and your camera.
Wear casual and light clothes, sneakers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
No prerequisite for this course – open to public and trade.
Vendor since 2015
Welcome to your school.
All our classes are designed for beginners. You will feel at ease in any of the classes with other students of the same baking level as yours.
For all our training courses we use ingredients that will be easy for you to get from your shopping place.
The courses are designed to be delivered in an intensive one-day block. You do not need to book for a series,
The training you will receive is of a very high standard – equal to European standards (without the cost of flying there!) and you will have the opportunity to learn all about Pastry using the latest equipment and techniques direct from Europe. All the courses are designed for trade and public. Most courses do not require any prerequisite – the only requirement is that you are a food fanatic. Also, all the tools are provided, so you won’t need to buy any tools that you may not use again.
To achieve these high standards whilst catering for individual learning, class sizes will range from 4 students (minimum number to run the course) up to a maximum of 7 students, depending on the course.
Courses can be developed and tailored to suit your needs for both individuals and small groups. Instruction, training and/or demonstrations can be done at our premises or we can come to you if you have a sufficient number of students and adequate facilities.
We understand that last minutes problem do happen or you may have slept in Don't worry , just send us an email for rebooking, We don't need to know the reason. We want you to attend our class. (you can rebook but we won't refund the class).
We reserve the right to cancel a class if the minimum attendance number is not reached. (Your fee will be refunded or rescheduled, you will get the choice.
Vouchers can be passed on to another person, but cannot be refunded
Important Health and Safety Information
- For safety reasons, you will need to be 16 years or older to attend our courses. !4
- Our courses are NOT SUITABLE if you are allergic to NUTS or other food ingredients.
- For health and safety reasons, enclosed shoes must be worn during training. Long hair must be tied back, and avoid wearing loose bracelets or bangles, keep your rings at home.
- Casual and light clothes are suitable. As you will stand up for a long period of time, snickers or shoes with thick sole are recommended.
You will get a recipe folder and an apron for you to take home. Video recording is not permitted from either phones or other video devices but you are welcome to take as many photos as you like.
- For a full day course, you will have a 30 minutes lunch break.
- A dining room is provided for your breaks. Hot and cold drinks will be available free of charge. You will need to bring your own lunch or organise it from a nearby lunch bar.
- We have ample free parking space in front of our premises. We are located just a 10 min walk from Joondalup train station, in the business park opposite the shopping center. We encourage you to use public transport, we have a free pick up and drop off at the Joondalup train station, organise it in advance.
- We will not take your photo without asking for your permission first.
- Vouchers can be passed on to another person, but cannot be refunded.