(3 Hour Class)
Our advanced stencil workshop is perfect for anyone looking to expand their skills in stencil making. In this class you will create a multi-layered stencil based on a portrait of your choice.
Building on the basics of stencil making taught in our beginners class, this workshop will give guests the opportunity to create more advanced multi-layered stencils. We will play around with photo-realism and create stencils based on a photographic portrait provided by you!
Our stenciling superstar ‘Man of Darkness’ will share all his insider tips of the trades and shortcuts to get you on your way to creating highly detailed multi-layer stencils.
- Advanced stencilling techniques to create photo-realistic multi-layered stencils.
- You will work alongside one of Melbourne’s most famous stencil artists and learn all the insider tips to create stunning multi-layered stencils. We will provide you with all materials including acetate, markers, cutting knives and mats, spray paint, safety equipment (gloves, mask, aprons) etc. Every participant will get their own canvas to paint and take home. A light morning tea is also provided.
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- Prior to the class you will need to email us the photograph (a portrait) that you would like to use as your reference for your stencil on so we can ensure it is suitable for the stencilling process. We will print this image off for you to use during the workshop.
Make sure you wear appropriate clothing for painting. If spray paint gets on your clothes, chances are it won’t come out.
To book this workshop you must have completed our Stencil Workshop (beginners) or show us evidence of stencils that you have made in the past.
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different. We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 20+ studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.