Have you ever wanted to create your own piece of street art? Our freehand workshop offers an exclusive chance to learn a variety of spraypainting techniques from a renowned street artist right here at the famous Blender Studios. The workshop will start with an artist talk from your instructor and street art demonstration where they will cover a range of different can skills to get you started on your spraypainting journey.
The spraypaint can is a challenging tool in comparison to other paint mediums and our artist is here to guide you through all the insider tricks of the trade. After a few practice activities where you will experiment with different techniques in our dedicated spraypainting venue, participants will then head back to the classroom for a short sketching and design session. Armed with your design, we will then head back outside to create our final masterpiece for the day. This workshop is perfect for anyone looking to develop their can control and learn spraypainting techniques for street art and muralism.
Minimum age 15 years.
- This class offers an introduction to street art and freehand spray painting techniques, led by Melbourne's street art star CAPER.
- Participants will be involved in a range of practice activities before creating their final spray painted artwork onto large panels in our ‘spraypainting garden’. The panels are too big for most people to take home, so we suggest taking some photos to document your artwork. For anyone wishing to take their panel home this is also possible for a small extra fee to cover the material cost. We supply all materials including paint, caps, safety gear and sketching implements. Light refreshments are also provided.
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- Reference images for sketches (if you want!)
Clothes suitable for a painting class.
Anyone interested in refining their can control skills or learn more about freehand spray painting.
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different.We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 18 studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.