Haven't you heard? Digital is sooooo last year -- and handmade is BACK, baby! Join Emma from Black Chalk Collective and get those creative juices flowing during a fun introduction to the highly addictive art of Brush Pen Lettering!
During the workshop, we will explore and discuss:
- Handwriting vs hand lettering
- What brush pen lettering is
- Beginner tools and how to use them
- The staple strokes of brush pen lettering
- How to form letters and words using these strokes
- How to develop your own unique style
- Basic design principles to make your work 'pop'
- What you can create with your newfound skills
No prior experience with brush pens or hand lettering is necessary - and having good handwriting is NOT a prerequisite!
- An introduction to various typograhy skills and brush lettering technqiues!
- Everyone will get a brush pen to take home, as well as a completed final typography piece.
- Street Parking available on Dudley St (metered)
- Closest/cheapest parking CARe Park, Lot 156 West Tower. 338-360 Dudley St
West Melbourne. 24/7 hour car park, pay and display, $11 for 12 Hours, 700m from Blender Studios (6 minutes walk)
- A word / phrase / quote you'd love to learn how to letter. Your own name is more than fine!
Anyone interested in learning new skills!
Vendor since 2016
Many artists from the Blender have achieved great success in their research and practice.
There has always been a heavy research influence at the Blender. There is a lot of discussions and constructive criticism.
Over the years there has been many Blender artists working in a variety of mediums, who have achieved major critical success.
In early 2004 the Blender closed, to be opened again in 2007 in the same place. The climate of the Australian art scene had changed and as the Blender re-opened its doors it was clear that the Blender was also going to be different. We still have a strong link to street art with some of the most famous and prolific street artists calling the Blender home.
The Blender has changed now, it has become more of an art complex with 20+ studios, an artist in residence program, the Blender laneway street art project, the Melbourne Propaganda Window, Dark Horse Experiment and The Melbourne Street Tours.
Blender Studios requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Blender Studios to organise a refund or transfer
Blender Studios reserves the right to cancel workshops should the minimum number of bookings not be met.
In the case that a workshop is cancelled, you will receive a full refund or credit.
Weather Contingency: Workshops will run regardless of unfavourable weather conditions.
No Show- No refund.
Cancellation must be made via e-mail or phone call at least 48hrs prior the workshop time.