A class in which you are both guided and challenged to build effective professional skills. You will be using the entire range of techniques in The Rehearsal Room's toolbox to push yourself to new limits each week. These are exciting and very productive sessions.
These are 2.5hour sessions, once a week over ten weeks.
- To build strong, spontaneous and emotionally engaging peformances
- To be flexible professional actors who can take direction and deliver that performance
- Work at a high professional standard
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Direct but supportive feedback that has you growing quickly
- Build profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Work on a new scene each week - learning to work at a professional pace
- Understand how to contribute to the whole production
- And be in charge of your professional conversations
- Actors in the MASTER CLASS provide their own scenes.
- Bring a USB stick to record your work or an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
This workshop is for actors who are efficient with their acting process. If you haven't done a class at The Rehearsal Room before you will need to audition for this workshop.
Vendor sincce 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).