An opportunity for teen actors (14 - 19) to learn the key ingredients of professional performance and the business side of how to start an acting career. How to create a character and how to change character in seconds.
Find out what makes a good audition.
- How to create a convincing and entertaining character
- How to engage your audience with the drama
- Understand the steps towards getting an actor's agent
- The classes explore specific elements of acting process that are the key to being professional
- Profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Skills will grow empowered by commonsense techniques
- The skills work as well for a TV/screen performance as they do on the stage.
- An understanding of what the director needs and how to deliver that
- Bring a notebook and pen or pencil.
Teenagers (14 - 19) who want discover their talent and understand their future as an actor
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.