This is a workshop for experienced actors. It will add at least 15 specific techniques, beyond the basic ones, to an actor's toolbox.
How to play three-hander scenes; how to manage fears; simple ways for finding complex scene-drivers; how to standout in the audition room; many clever techniques for finding your purpose in a scene plus lots more. All clear, logical and active techniques that put you in charge of your performance.
This workshop challenges actors to go to a high professional level.
- Master a new acting vocabulary acquiring all the add-ons to the foundatioin elements
- Build powerful performances gaining professional skills
- Build on your strengths and challenge your weaknesses
- Record your scenes to take home each night to measure your improvements
- Be assessed by a professional casting director at the end of the term
- Come to grips with an acting process that has a wonderfully clear technique you can measure
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Acquire skills in such areas as placing a complex character in a difficult situation
- Know that you can deliver even a difficult scene
- The ability to work confidently because you are in charge of your process
- Bring your acting diary so you can take notes.
- Bring a USB stick to record your work or an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
This workshop is for experience actors. It deals with sophisticated techniques. If you haven't studied here before on enrolment you will receive an eBook that explains the core values.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.