Over 4 or 5 days explore the blocks that hold your acting back. This workshop was enormously successful in the Summer Intensive this year. If you missed it here is the chance to resolve the anxieties that consistently get in the way of you being a free and playful actor.
Best selling psychologist Daniel Kahneman explains that we frequently make decisions without knowing that we have made them. Those are the decisions you can't manage because you aren't aware that they are in place. In a very supportive environment you can discover the hiccups in your acting that prevent you from being rich and real. You will be surprised what you discover. You will learn practical skills to overcome those acting speedhumps and smooth out your performance process.
- How to identify the main anxieties that block creative choices
- Learn how to make clear choices for your character
- Acquire a skill set that increases your trust and therefore your ability to play
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- You will be in charge of deciding your issues - you work it out for yourself
- Acquire profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Your understanding will be empowered by commonsense techniques
- You will become proficient with skills that work as well for a TV/screen performance as they do on the stage.
- Understand what the director needs and be able to deliver it
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring an SD Card to record your work and a notebook to take notes. LUNCH IS NOT SUPPLIED.
You must be over 15years of age to acquire this new set of skills.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.