A class in which you are both guided and challenged to build effective professional skills. You will be using the entire range of techniques in The Rehearsal Room's toolbox to push yourself to new limits each week. These are exciting and very productive sessions.
- To build strong, spontaneous and emotionally engaging peformances
- To be flexible professional actors who can take direction and deliver that performance
- Work at a high professional standard
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Direct but supportive feedback that has you growing quickly
- Build profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Work on a new scene each week - learning to work at a professional pace
- Understand how to contribute to the whole production
- And be in charge of your professional conversations
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Actors in the MASTER CLASS provide their own scenes.
- Bring a USB stick to record your work or an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
This workshop is for actors who are efficient with their acting process. If you haven't done a class at The Rehearsal Room before you will need to audition for this workshop.
Vendor since 2017
The Rehearsal Room is run by TV Director Richard Sarell who directed television drama for more than 25 years. During that time, he evolved an approach to acting that trains actors in techniques that enable them to compete and survive in the modern world of screen performance.
The techniques are based on simple principles that quickly produce professional results. They enable the actor to create complex real characters that are perfect for the screen but are also relevant for the stage. These classes enable actors to make choices that drive the character's interactions in a way that generates a compelling dramatic performance. The actors skill is to engage an audience because they feel they are watching a real life interaction. These classes provide the tools to deliver those outcomes.
Richard has been conducting workshops for professional actors in Australia and New Zealand for two decades, working with institutions such as the Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS), Australian Screen Directors Association (ASDA), National Theatre Drama School, Federation University and the Victorian College of the Arts (VCA).
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.