Open Access Training: Women, trans & Non-binary Genders (Brisbane Powerhouse)
Open Access is an open training session where students, members and guests are able to train in a supportive, inclusive training environment.
We encourage students to come along with a training buddy from class for added fun and support.
A trainer on duty is present at every session to rig equipment, take sign in, ensure equipment is used correctly, etc.
Vulcana Women’s Circus works with the circus traditions of inclusiveness, strength, excitement, and daring to transform and empower individuals and communities!
We value women as leaders and role models, and believe that empowered women are essential in building and shaping strong communities.
We ask that all members of our community observe just a few simple rules help us to keep our Open Access sessions running smoothly and efficiently:
- From time to time, we have to change some Open Access sessions. Please check our Facebook Page for updates.
- All students must sign in and make payment to the trainer on duty upon arrival.
- Valid concession cards must be presented upon membership sign up.
Open access Thursdays 9:30am – 1:30pm (Open to all genders) Sundays 9:30am – 1:30pm (Open to women, trans & non-binary genders)
- A trainer on duty is present at every session to rig equipment, take sign in, ensure equipment is used correctly, etc.
- Use this time to practice what you've learnt in class. See if a class friend wants to join you.
- Join now as a member, and take advantage of the discounted rate!
- Students, members and guests are able to train in a supportive, inclusive training environment.
- Explore the new skills you've been learning at your own rate and get creative with time to play.
- Just your enthusiasm!
Comfortable clothing that won't restrict your movement. Be ready to go upside down.
Open to all genders during Thursday Open Access
Vendor sincce 2017
Here at Vulcana Women’s Circus, we run workshops for adults and kids and teens, and we develop community projects with all kinds of different communities, the focus always being on creativity and empowerment through circus. You can book us for gigs, workshops or hire our space at the Stores Studio, Brisbane Powerhouse.
Vulcana’s circus workshop and performance projects engage a broad range of community participants and work in partnership with arts and community organisations to create opportunities for cultural expression and community development. In a safe, playful space we encourage participants to be themselves with joy and push the boundaries of what is achievable as one or in a group.