In this intensive one-week workshop, participants will be introduced to a creative process that finds form through clay and wax. Gain an understanding of constructing plaster moulds, building reservoirs, and steaming wax.
Learn how a glass work is fired and the finishing process of repair and diamond hand-tool polishing. The vivacious and energetic Sofia will share examples and tips from her art practice, exploring the history and varying techniques used to cast glass.
A 5-day workshop PLUS a finishing day; Saturday 18 FEB, 10am - 1pm
What you will learn
- The vivacious and energetic Sofia will share examples and tips from her art practice, exploring the history and varying techniques used to cast glass.
What you will get
- Gain an understanding of constructing plaster moulds, building reservoirs, and steaming wax.
What to bring
- EVERYTHING is provided : ) However, its a great idea to bring among a sketch book, objects or images of inspiration. of inspiration
What to wear
You might get dirty! Don't wear your Saturday night best outfit! It will be HOT in workspace, so where cool clothing.
18+ years old
All materials provided. 1kg glass limit pr student.
The Corban Estate Arts Centre is located in Henderson, West Auckland.
We’re home to artist studios, our very own cafe, art classes for adults, youth and children, and an ever-changing programme of exhibitions and events.
Set within park-like grounds amongst historic winery buildings. Open 7 days a week, entry is free, everybody’s welcome.
Please sign up for our regular email updates.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
ADULTS, YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S CLASSES/WORKSHOPS
Enrolments are taken on a ‘first in first served’ basis.
A Deposit is required to secure your place and payment must be made in full to confirm your booking.
Cancellation by Corban Estate Arts Centre entitles participant to a FULL REFUND.
Cancellation by participant results in transfer where possible, full credit to be used within 6 months of cancellation date OR a full refund MINUS a 10% admin & booking fee.
Please be advised that your contact details will be made available to your Workshop Tutor who may need to contact you over the duration of your course. Please notify us if you prefer that we do not do this.