In honour of this year’s Auckland Heritage Festival’s theme of Peace, Love + Protest, art educator Kate Hart will take your child on a journey to discover the symbolism of the dove in particular reference to the 1985 sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.
What you will learn
- Doves are often associated with ideas of peace, love, and pacifism.
What you will get
- Over two days, doves will be sculpted from wire, cardboard, and layers of papier-mâché, finished with paint and delicate details of white plumage, messages, or an olive twig.
What to bring
- EVERYTHING is provided : )
What to wear
You might get dirty! Wear clothes to make a mess in!
6 - 12 years old.
The Corban Estate Arts Centre is located in Henderson, West Auckland.
We’re home to artist studios, our very own cafe, art classes for adults, youth and children, and an ever-changing programme of exhibitions and events.
Set within park-like grounds amongst historic winery buildings. Open 7 days a week, entry is free, everybody’s welcome.
Please sign up for our regular email updates.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested anytime before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
ADULTS, YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S CLASSES/WORKSHOPS
Enrolments are taken on a ‘first in first served’ basis.
A Deposit is required to secure your place and payment must be made in full to confirm your booking.
Cancellation by Corban Estate Arts Centre entitles participant to a FULL REFUND.
Cancellation by participant results in transfer where possible, full credit to be used within 6 months of cancellation date OR a full refund MINUS a 10% admin & booking fee.
Please be advised that your contact details will be made available to your Workshop Tutor who may need to contact you over the duration of your course. Please notify us if you prefer that we do not do this.