This class is so much fun. Even those students who have never held a brush before will be transfixed with the effects of using lots of different materials and watching how they react and flow on the different surfaces. For example painting huge petals with water and just dropping in a couple of droplets of coloured inks and seeing how the petal will just fill up on its own, you don't even need a brush.
if you love colour, abstract or traditional flowers this is the class for you. We will be starting by making gift cards and wrapping papers with water colours plus drawing with felt tip pens and split nibs as well. Then we will move onto larger exciting images that can be painted onto a medium size canvas . Choice of TULIPS, POPPIES, or IRIS'S
Runs for 5 hours
- draw your flowers finding simple shapes and patterns, then enlarge or reduce your image
- combine the use of mixed media to create different effects on the paper,and canvas, and how easy colored inks flow into wet shapes
- where and how to get your images printed into fabrics suitable for cushions, wallpapers etc
- all materials will be supplied, 1xcanvas, 4 sheets of A1 bond paper to make wrapping papers, 2 sheets 300gsm watercolor paper for gift cards
- relevant handouts for your perusal at home
- you will take home your own set of your own illustrated gift cards suitable for reproduction into your own stationery set
- your own painted canvas with the large crazy,beautiful flower painted on it and ready for hanging on your own wall
- You will also learn basic drawing and watercolor techniques
- morning tea and lunch included
- a set of gift cards and tags of di's work(free) + there will be extras for sale on the day.
- all materials provided
- please bring your own apron
relaxed/casual/able to paint in eg apron
anyone who loves colourful, loose, abstract and free flowing flowers / combined with experimenting with mixed media, and would like to produce a piece of work on canvas ready to hang.
Vendor sincce 2017
Dianne Kelly is a Brisbane born-and-based professional watercolour artist. Di was originally trained in commercial/fine art, working in advertising before pursuing her absolute love and sharing her passion of water colour painting. Di is still teaching 32 years later and has now fulfilled her dream of writing her first book, The art of Watering Colour.
Over the years, Di has had several of her paintings published as limited edition prints, as well as producing several ranges of gift cards featuring watercolour images from her overseas travels. Di's works hang in collections around Australia and overseas and are currently being incorporated into her new range of fabrics and wallpapers