Class Conditions (not applicable for workshops):
1. Courtesy Saves: If you can't attend any class, your lesson credit is only protected (ie "rolled over") if you email or text me before the lesson, AND provide a specific "date of return to class".
The quickest and easiest way is by using the reschedule link in class confirmation or reminder emails.
This information is essential to prevent too large or too small classes.
I will confirm receipt of you text or email, and that your place in the class reserved.
If you do not provide a return date, or do not attend the lesson, your balance will decline each week. When your balance reached zero, your shelve will be cleared (to make space for new students) and all clay recycled.
If you let me know via email/text, lessons can be rolled over for up to 2 years.
2. Similarly, if you are returning to classes after a prolonged absence, please contact me well before to ensure a place is reserved for you.
3. You can change which day and time you attend classes, and even attend more than one lesson per week, provided you have first discussed it with me, and there is space in the class. If you are using the automatic system, you'll see live online were the gaps are and can immediately reschedule.
4. If you are likely to be away for more than two months, you will be asked to temporarily take your clay and creations home (so to make space for new students, and to encourage you to keep making at home). Upon your return a space will be again made available for you.
5. Want more flexibility? Just ask.
common sense refund policy
Credits are transferable, but not generally refundable (but this does not diminish your statutory rights).