This Plate Making Workshop for absolute beginners - Level One.
Create your own unique glass platter: it'll be 25x25cmin in the colours of your choosing. A wonderful and personal gift, or simply a treasure to enjoy yourself.
During the workshop you will learn:
- the basic and correct skills required to use glass as an artistic medium
- the fundamentals of glass cutting
- all about art glass how it performs in the kiln: you'll be introduced to the endless potential of glass fusing and slumping. Warning! You may be addicted! I did!
What you get:
- everything you need to make your 25cms x 25cms plate
- all materials used, including your choice from at least two dozen different colours of glass
- use of our studio tools
- kiln firing of your plate after you leave (usually 2 kiln firings)
- forget about the real world for a couple of hours
- listen to great music!
You'll be surprised at how clever you are at making something wonderful.
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top). Please wear closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes.) You need to be able to stand securely on both feet and climb one flight of stairs to the workshop. We adhere to the Covid19 rules of the day. If you have been unwell call me and we'll reschedule your class. Of course, there's zero cost for rescheduling.
If you'd like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop - that'll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
No previous experience required for this workshop! You'll be photographed during this workshop, please let me know if you don't want this to happen.
Once the class is over and the clean up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your mini masterpieces and I'll let you know when they are ready to be picked up. About 14 days after your workshop, your masterpieces will be ready for you to collect from our studio in Swan Street, Richmond.
Your creations will be kept here at the studio for 3 months after the workshop, they'll be donated to charity after that time.
If you have been unwell we'll simply reschedule your workshop to another time to suit you.
If you don't see a time and date that suits you here please email me and we will add a new date that suits you. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. There is space here for a larger group of people to come to this workshop. Just let me know.
Our new studio is a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment.
I look forward to seeing you soon and introducing this amazing craft/art to you.
You’ll love this workshop!
See you soon,
What you will learn
- You will learn how you can make your very own multi coloured artglass plate.
- Nurture yourself forget the world outside and learn something completely new
- Make one 25x25cm art glass plate
What you will get
- time-off from the world outside
- learn to try something new in our creative studios.
- create a 25cm x 25cm art glass plate
- The glass, tools, use of equipment, firings you need to create your plate. You may be photographed during this workshop please let us know if you don't want this to happen.
Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
You can often park right outside - fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street.
Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away).
Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
Ring me when you get here if the downstairs door is locked, (mostly it opens automatically). My studio is upstairs so you need to be able to walk upstairs safely.
What to bring
- Bring your sense of fun and creativity. Please see the dress code requirements.
- Come with your friends its a great workshop to share with others.
What to wear
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs). You need to be able to stand securely on both feet.
No experience is necessary - absolute beginners welcome! Anyone under 18 years of age needs to be accompanied by a full paying adult.
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass! I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life the joy of playing in my studio. Share it with me.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested 1 day before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendance at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Jenie Yolland's studio or organised by Jenie Yolland must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Jenie Yolland.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Jenie Yolland unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Jenie Yolland's classes and events or on Jenie Yolland's premises. (For use of Jenie Yolland's marketing materials).
In the event that a class is cancelled for whatever reason, each student will be notified via text message or email.