The instructor for this workshop will be the enthusiastic Watiri Boylen who is very passionate and knowledgeable about African textiles and crafts. She has facilitated workshops in different parts of the world for many years.
This is a 2 hour workshop. You will learn the step by step process to be able to understand each part in the production of a traditional African batik.
We will use 100% cotton fabric, some cut out stencils, we will use Warral Apiaries pure and natural bees wax,it is non toxic and is sourced from the eucalypts and ground flora of Victoria and New South Wales We also use natural Palm wax sourced from Round Table on Sustainable Palm Oil.Found/re-cycled and used tools will be used throughout our creative processes.
Arts builds communities and expands your horizons.
Duration: 2 Hours
- A brief history of traditional African graphics as well as how they were used as emoticons of communication.
- Learn about traditional African organic dyes and their relation to the environment and the people who use them.
- Learn the step by step processes on how to create batik as well as the tools you'll need
- Get to know why MAMA AFRICA EDUCATION is so passionate about what we do.
- The joy of mastering a unique African batik technique in a group setting.
- Get to take a piece of your creative self-expression home with you to add to your collection or as a unique gift to yourself or someone special.
- A safe and open learning environment.
- Through art you will learn how to express your feelings with or without words .You will learn that in art there is more than a single right answer,bucketful points of view
- Drinking water will be provided.
- Yourself , friends or family recommended.
- All your creativity.
- All materials for this workshop will be provided.
Comfortable shoes recommended - Wear: comfortable clothes (colourful dyes in use)
Vendor sincce 2016
We’re passionate about what we do and can’t wait to share it with you. Below are some of our workshops and classes on offer. To view available dates, pricing options, book online or purchase gift vouchers for a friend or loved one, please make your selection below and follow the prompts.