Forget the Figure – Embrace the Eraser (Introduction to Abstract Drawing Techniques)
This workshop aims to show a range of methods that can be used in abstract drawing. It will focus on traditional drawing materials (charcoal, ink, pencil) on paper.
The session will outline:
- ‘Hard’ and ‘soft’ abstraction
- How to use negative space
- Drawing ‘backwards’
- Conceptual approaches to drawing
This workshop is designed to allow time to experiment, play and ask questions. Examples of techniques and all materials are provided.
About the tutor: Charlotte Watson
Charlotte Watson is a visual artist based in Melbourne. She graduated from the University of Canterbury (NZ) in 2011, and her work has included drawing, sculpture and installation.
Duration: 3 Hours
- "Hard" and "soft" abstraction
- The use of negative space
- Drawing "backwards" and more!
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- Relaxing, fun learning environment where we allow you to experiment, play and ask questions
- Examples of techniques
- All materials are provided!
- Storm in a teacup refreshments provided.
- All materials are provided, however, you may want to bring an apron or old shirt as we will be using materials that can stain!
This is best for those who have done figurative drawing and would like to bridge to something more introspective and a little different. All levels of experience are welcome.
Vendor sincce 2017
NEON PARLOUR is a multi-purpose creative space, which encourages the practices of artists, curators, designers and artisans.
Offering a diverse program, which includes workshops, launches, events, exhibitions and performances. Neon Parlour aims to foster the cultural activities of the Melbourne creative community through continuous engagement and dialogue.