In over two (2) fun-filled hours, I will teach you how to create your own paper flowers using a variety of methods and specialist papers.
From Poppies to Peonies, we'll cover what kind of paper to use and why, and we will experiment with paper sculpture techniques to create realistic looking flowers. The class numbers are small, so everyone gets my undivided attention and I will guide you through each step to make sure you leave the class with your very own bouquet of paper flowers.
Throughout the class I will demonstrate various techniques with paper and show you how to sculpt using your hands and specialist tools. We'll discuss different qualities in crepe paper that give it stretch and how to use the stretch to form perfect petals. You will learn all about flower anatomy and how to recreate nature's finest floral specimens using crepe paper and tissue paper.
Included in the entry price is of course your very own paper flower making kit that includes 2-toned German crepe paper, floral tape, floral wire, mini wooden dowel and specialist tissue paper - everything you need to get you started on your paper flower making journey! HURRAH! (*Paper Flower Making Kit colours may vary depending on availability)
Duration: 2 Hours
- A variety of paper sculpture techniques used to make paper flowers
- What kind of paper to use to create different effects
- Essential tools needed to create realistic looking paper flowers
- 2-hour lesson with hands-on expert guidance from a full-time paper artist
- Your very own paper flower making kit that includes 2-toned German crepe paper, floral tape, floral wire and specialist tissue paper - everything you need to get you started on your paper flower making journey!
- The knowledge and confidence to continue to fashion your own everlasting paper flowers at home
- A chance to mingle with other budding paper florists in a cosy and creative setting
- A supportive and encouraging space to learn a new creative skill
- 2 whole hours of uninterrupted creativity time just for you!
- Just your enthusiasm!
Ages 16+ - No previous experience is necessary!
Vendor sincce 2013
Louise Seymour is the Melbourne based artist and creator behind local papercraft business Paperlab.
Drawing upon various paper art disciplines such as Origami, Papercutting and Paper Sculpture, Louise transforms the humble sheet of paper into bespoke pieces of art for a variety of audiences. She has worked with communities, libraries, galleries and well known craft brands to deliver site specific installations and custom workshops.
Through her paper engineering skills Louise has collaborated with various creative agencies to design and deliver site specific work along with live demonstrations to assist in bringing an event to life.
Louise’s practice is deep rooted in her former career as a Medical Scientist and she attacks each project with the same precision and detail as her previous laboratory world demanded.
Previous clients include Facebook, Instagram, Westfield and National Gallery of Victoria.
Cancellation policy: No refunds for classes. You are welcome to send someone in your place.
Please note: Minimum numbers must be met in order for the class to go ahead. In the case of the event being cancelled/rescheduled by the organiser ticket will be transferred to another date or 100% refund will be offered if not suitable.