In over two (2) fun-filled hours, I will teach you how to create Paperlab's signature selection of Australian Natives using a variety of papers. The secrets to my King Proteas, Bottlebrush, Gum Blossoms and plenty of other Australian Flora pieces will be revealed to keep your Aussie heart aflutter.
Throughout the class we'll cover what kind of paper to use and why, and we will experiment with paper sculpture techniques as well as origami and kirigami techniques to create Paperlab's Aussie Natives in full colour. The class numbers are small, so everyone gets my undivided attention and I will guide you through each step to make sure you leave the class with some unique Australian Native paper flowers.
I will demonstrate the different flowers all the way through the class and introduce you to a few of my favourite tools... including my multi-layered scissors - FANCY!! I'll show you how to shape cardstock with your hands and dowel rods and how to use floral wire and floral tape effectively. And yes... we will explore the wonderful world of Eucalyptus foliage too :)
Included in the entry price is a take home handout with all the basics to create your own Australian Native Paper Flowers at home! YAY!
Duration: 2 Hours
- How to create Paperlab's signature King Proteas, Bottlebrush and Gum Blossoms (to name a few!) - ALL OUT OF PAPER
- How to sculpt a variety of papers (cardstock, tissue and crepe paper) to create unique Australian Native Flora
- Essential tools needed to create realistic looking Australian Native Paper Flowers
- 2-hour lesson with hands-on expert guidance from a full-time paper artist
- A take home handout with all the basics to create your own Australian Native Paper Flowers at home
- The knowledge and confidence to continue to fashion your own everlasting paper flowers at home
- A chance to mingle with other Australian Native aficionados with a penchant for paper
- A supportive and encouraging space to learn a new creative skill
- 2 whole hours of uninterrupted creativity time just for you!
- Just your enthusiasm!
Ages 16+ - No previous experience is necessary!
Vendor sincce 2013
Louise Seymour is the Melbourne based artist and creator behind local papercraft business Paperlab.
Drawing upon various paper art disciplines such as Origami, Papercutting and Paper Sculpture, Louise transforms the humble sheet of paper into bespoke pieces of art for a variety of audiences. She has worked with communities, libraries, galleries and well known craft brands to deliver site specific installations and custom workshops.
Through her paper engineering skills Louise has collaborated with various creative agencies to design and deliver site specific work along with live demonstrations to assist in bringing an event to life.
Louise’s practice is deep rooted in her former career as a Medical Scientist and she attacks each project with the same precision and detail as her previous laboratory world demanded.
Previous clients include Facebook, Instagram, Westfield and National Gallery of Victoria.
Cancellation policy: No refunds for classes. You are welcome to send someone in your place.
Please note: Minimum numbers must be met in order for the class to go ahead. In the case of the event being cancelled/rescheduled by the organiser ticket will be transferred to another date or 100% refund will be offered if not suitable.